Sax Player Needed

I'm putting together and Rhythm & Blues Revue band and need a sax player. The band itself is almost complete, but I need another sax player for the horn section. Well, I need a trumpet and singer, too, to fully complete the band (drums, bass, two guitars, keyboards, sax with three backing singers at the moment) so if anyone knows of anyone that would be handy.

It doesn't matter if you play alto or tenor. If you play both, even better.

If you're within sensible travelling distance of Brentwood and like the idea then let me know.

GCinCT

Seeker of truth and beauty
Subscriber
Sounds like a great opportunity. I would love to give it a shot if it weren't for the Atlantic Ocean. Good luck finding another saxophone, Dave.

spike

Old Indian
Subscriber
What a pity :( Sounds like my kind've band.
Bell can't deliver my Spike Special Sax Force I Whirlybird before Spring 2019
Here's hoping you find the right hornblower :sax:

D

Deleted member 5000

But do their careers allow them out to play? ;)
Its a difficult choice for those sax playing bankers/lawers/ teachers etc.

work a bit of overtime to further their career...........................OR play a sax gig for 15 quid.

OR..........................................did you mean carers ?;)

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
I don't know what you mean...
Actually, the band will be pimped out as a theatre, show and wedding band rather than as a pub band. The musicians who are already in place are very, very good - far too good for the back room of a pub.
When I was young there was only one meaning of 'pimp out', then 'pimp up' became used as a term for making a car look like a pimp owned it so exactly what does pimping out the band involve?

saxyjt

Actually, the band will be pimped out as a theatre, show and wedding band rather than as a pub band. The musicians who are already in place are very, very good - far too good for the back room of a pub.
So you progressed on the theatre front? You had an abandoned location in mind like the Gare jazz.

Damn this country and its tiny wiggly roads! (Though I know I’m not good enough to try out for the slot)
Good luck - if you struggle to find a sax, I think trumpet and tenor is tremendous, or trombone (am I allowed to say this kind of thing here?)

saxyjt

Damn this country and its tiny wiggly roads!
Well, I will always remember myself one evening driving to the countryside pub lost in the middle of nowhere outside of Newbury, where the company booked me a room. I had not been driving an english car for ages, it was foggy of course and the roads that I didn't know well at all since I had always been driven there prior to that day. A very uncomfortable feeling... until I saw the pale lights through the night and I recognized the pub.

I can tell you, I enjoyed my pint after that! :p

I had a very similar experience a few years back, driving some french colleagues in similar conditions to a place near the Hungerford commons I had never been before, although I drove the surrounding roads frequently. Same kind of dark and foggy winter evening. Thank god we had a GPS in the rental car. THEY were relieved when we arrived... :eek: I was confident but still not very comfortable.

I always liked the feeling of having a room in those pubs and not having to worry about driving back home after...

Top Bottom