Sax ID

sonicapogee

Locality
Athens ,Greece
Hi to all of you

I just received my second saxophone.:veryhappy:
My 1st is a (pink) Venus Alto
Okay ,This is going to sound weird .So,
I found the sax on Ebay.de & I won the auction for a very low price ,that is 117 euros.Seller told me that the sax has very light use ,he was not sure about the brand and ,I decided to bid to win it .

All I know about it is that is a Tenor Saxophone .I would really apreciate it if 6you could help me identify its brand.Is has a guitar in a cycle and wings outside the cycle .ill try to post a photo of this mark asap.

So if any of you you knows what this mark is ,let me know.

Oh is it a good idea to use the second hand reed included with it in hygiene terms? My 1st thought was to go out and buy me some new ,but this will be time consuming....

A reed is the perfect environment for bacteria, viruses, germs, moulds, fungi and, sometimes, small birds. You better buy some new ones.

looking forward to seeing the pictures. The logo you described doesn't ring any bell. can you post the ebay link?

facebook link doesn't work - probably permissions...

agree n the reed comments - I'd also give the mouthpiece a good clean, but use cold water if it's a rubber one!

Got the video, sorry no idea on the maker. Looks like a good buy at that price

Hi to all of you

I just received my second saxophone.:veryhappy:
My 1st is a (pink) Venus Alto
Okay ,This is going to sound weird .So,
I found the sax on Ebay.de & I won the auction for a very low price ,that is 117 euros.Seller told me that the sax has very light use ,he was not sure about the brand and ,I decided to bid to win it .

All I know about it is that is a Tenor Saxophone .I would really apreciate it if 6you could help me identify its brand.Is has a guitar in a cycle and wings outside the cycle .ill try to post a photo of this mark asap.

So if any of you you knows what this mark is ,let me know.

Oh is it a good idea to use the second hand reed included with it in hygiene terms? My 1st thought was to go out and buy me some new ,but this will be time consuming....

Hi this could be nothing to do with the make of saxophone but a created engraving see this link.
http://www.coolchaser.com/layout/create/30877642

The other thing to check out is see if the sax has a serial number you might then be able to trace maker. This is pure theory on my part but worth a try. Im not sure but I think either Fender or Gibson guitars have a very similair brand mark Regds. N.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the video, sorry no idea on the maker. Looks like a good buy at that price

you know what really ****es me of ? I am positive I have seen this mark on ebay ,I think some London big shop it is that sell this but atm can't recall which one....

you know what really ****es me of ? I am positive I have seen this mark on ebay ,I think some London big shop it is that sell this but atm can't recall which one....

Frustrating, but does it really matter? I went through the same thing with my tenor. I still don't know who made it, but even if I did, it wouldn't change the horn.

Frustrating, but does it really matter? I went through the same thing with my tenor. I still don't know who made it, but even if I did, it wouldn't change the horn.

You're absolutely right : it doesn't matters at all.
What matters is me trying to make it -and me - sound the best I can. Which it appears to play smoothly and all it's pad are like new.It really is in "like new" condition :)

you will never find out who the maker of this horn is because, I am sure, it is just a generic Chinese made saxophone with a laser etched symbol which might have been put there on the request of anybody who bought this from a Chinese factory.

It looks and feels like new because in all probability was bought not long ago. Even if you would find the name of the maker would only make it worth what you paid for it or what you think is worth.

Good luck and have fun.

you will never find out who the maker of this horn is because, I am sure, it is just a generic Chinese made saxophone with a laser etched symbol which might have been put there on the request of anybody who bought this from a Chinese factory.

It looks and feels like new because in all probability was bought not long ago. Even if you would find the name of the maker would only make it worth what you paid for it or what you think is worth.

Good luck and have fun.

Hi,and thanks for your reply :thumb:

I was aware that this is a chinese made sax when I decided to bid for this.My only concern is how I will be able to make myself sound as better as I can really.Still ,this question was made out of curiosity...

Hi,and thanks for your reply :thumb:

I was aware that this is a chinese made sax when I decided to bid for this.My only concern is how I will be able to make myself sound as better as I can really.Still ,this question was made out of curiosity...

Better sound - practice, more practice and then think about mouthpieces and reeds. And then even more practice. Including long tones.

Back
Top Bottom