support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces Rousseau Mouthpiece

Thanks Tommy.
It's interesting you didn't get on with the tenor piece mpj but like the alto version.
I really like the Rousseau Studio Jazz on alto.
I'm more than happy with my PPT but would like to try one on tenor just to compare it to the alto.

I have a JDX 8 alto piece, a SJ6 soprano piece and a SJ4 tenor piece. The alto and soprano are excellent mouthpieces, but the tenor piece is a real struggle for me to play...ironically it doesn't play particularly well on my 62 series tenor considering Eugene Rousseau was chief consultant for Yamaha for many years and basically designed the 62 series horns...:w00t:

Greg S.

I sold Tommy the mpc. It is a very easy blowing mpc, easy altissimo, great intonation, but not the sound I am after. Also had an alto piece, nice player.
Spoke to Ed Pillinger and Joe Giardullo from soprano planet about mpcs and they both said that some mpcs are not good for some horns......helps keep the GAS going!!

I sold Tommy the mpc. It is a very easy blowing mpc, easy altissimo, great intonation, but not the sound I am after. Also had an alto piece, nice player.
Spoke to Ed Pillinger and Joe Giardullo from soprano planet about mpcs and they both said that some mpcs are not good for some horns......helps keep the GAS going!!

I agree totally - I will also expand it to say some mouthpieces don't work for some players...this could be from the experience of the player, the way different peoples mouths are constructed, untold reasons...

Greg S.

I use an SJ7 on alto and a Rousseau Metal 8 on tenor. (Full disclosure: I went to Indiana University and worked on finishing/packaging these mouthpieces.). The SJ tenor is a bit unusual...people tend to love it or hate it as it has a very unusual baffle design. The metal ones tend to be less polarizing.

Back
Top Bottom