All profit supporting   special needs music

M/Pieces - Ligs Rousseau ER20014R Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece, E. Classic # 4R

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Does anyone on the forum use these mouthpieces? Any comments or experience would be appreciated

Nick Wyver

noisy
Café Supporter
Locality
Minster On Sea
I have a Rousseau classic 5R which I use for classicstuff or if I want to sound a bit more mellow than usual. I used to have an S80 but preferred the sound of the Rousseau so kept that. Stick a Marca Jazz or somethng similar on it and poke some air down it and it goes reasonably well too.

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Thank you. I have a chance to get a new one at a very low price. I shall stick on a mouthpatch and if I don't like it I shall sell on here.

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Thanks for your advice Nick. Just got one for £43 plus £4 postage

Ads

Locality
North West UK
So is this a 4 tip then ? , it`l be interesting to hear how you rate it . a good price for any new HR piece

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Yes, I am looking forward to it. And the recommendation from Nick sealed the deal. Great price for a new HR piece as well, just as you said.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Locality
Ilkley West Yorkshire
If it's anyway near as good as the Rousseau Studio Jazz I use you'll be a happy man.
Good hunting there Prof.

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
I have both the 4R and 5R and play each depending upon the occasion. The 5R is a bit more open and requires a bit softer reed. I was a Selmer fan for many years playing on the old scroll D and C* pieces on alto, but found the Rousseaus enabled me to get a rounder tone and play the low register with more control at softer dynamic levels.

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Strange that I couldn't find a dealer or outlet for them in the UK. Are they not that popular outside of the classical sax players network?

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom