Obviously not born in 1947 and didn't get a Sooty and Sweep xylophone for Christmas in 1952
Yes, I must admit that many of my posts are flippant, tongue in cheek and intentionally very, very silly.
With regards effects: The growl and the flutter tongue are effects that a wind player can use to enhance performance.
As well as multiphonics, scoops, squeaks and farts, lying on the stage and honking whilst squirming about wearing ladies lingerie etc.
When used all the time they're no longer effects. I've done all of the above and more and found it to be far more entertaining for the audience both visually and aurally when used in moderation.
To my mind there needs to be a contrast - otherwise outrageous becomes the norm and is no longer outrageous.
Oh dear it's getting late my dog wants to go out walkies. I was going to refer to early live recordings by the Ornette Coleman quartet in Stockholm.