• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Saxophones Pork Tales: Saxophone Repair DIY Adventures.

Life around the barn.
Tales from a pig that likes to stick his nose into everything.

Paint that S. How difficult could it be ?
1747869014621.webp


1) Search the net.
2) Find the color.
3) Order color.
4) Study task on University of YouTube, aka; For destruction by DYI presented by pro tech.
1747869824677.webp



1747869909688.webp


Do the cleaning & prep.
1747870236970.webp


Paint and cleanup / detail the edges with hard cotton swabs. Sounds easy……:confused:
1747870401847.webp


Yeah tha guy Matt makes it look easy.
Anyone remember your first experience cooking bacon crispy while still in the frying pan !
 
I have never seen a Martin Committee or a The Martin with an original brace. I think the last Martin model with neck brace was Martin Handcraft Standard. They also had the Imperial Eb vent. Neck brace and Eb vent was dropped on Martin Handcraft Special.
 
By "flat, flush-style brace" I mean the kind that sits flush with the lesser curve of the neck like on the Comm I instead of spanning the gap like on the Imperial. I still think of that as a neck brace.

View attachment 37740
This is a not easy.

On the Committee necks there is maybe more a truss (förstärkning/amering, ) to protect the soldered seam?
Brace in Swedish is stöd, sträva, avstyvning, used for heavier constructions?

The brace on a HC Imperial neck is maybe more a to protect the solded seam? Martin HC and The Martin are known for thier strong necks.
The brace/truss on a HC Imperial, HC Standard sax is more to avoid up- or down bending?

I understand the diffence between diffent types of braces on Martin saxophone necks.

Picture from saxorg.
1791705859470.webp
 

Trending

Forum statistics

Topics
32,295
Messages
577,061
Members
8,093
Latest member
nilocssss
Back
Top Bottom