• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Beginner recording Now's The Time (No.2)

BillyGreece

Member
Messages
27
Location
Western Greece
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50QkL0jeRcQ

Hello CafeSaxophone land!

I hope you re doin' find out there and enjoyin' your lives!
I have recorded another Bird's tune just to check my skill progress, since the posting of my last recording!
Feel free to share your thoughts and criticism on my recording!

I have tried to keep a steady beat of course, with a cool and warm tone, and tried also to put some ideas together.
Dunno what's the result, but i will be honoured if you, take a ride on my home recording.
The gear that i have used, is my ZOOM H6 handy recorder.

I would like to thank you in advance for spending your precious time on my attempt.

BillyGreece
 
As long as you listen to saxophone music, feel free to comment and share openly your thoughts on any piece, no matter what's the level of the musician. Well that's my approach somehow...Maybe i am wrong, but i guess that if a person's humble enough, he could reach any goal!
Thanks for your time dear Chris Smith! I really appreciate it!
 
Lone Wolf & Mike Morrell i d like to say a huge "thank you" for your kind words! Really!
After listening to my solo again, i feel there's a lack of swingin' in it...I ve tried to seem more sophisticated and advanced (concerning my technique), and i might lost some of the true meaning of the jazz idiom. Sure there's a lot of practice for me on the way! I ll keep of practicing! Cheers to all of you!
BillyGreece
 
Hi Billy,

You learned something valuable: that "sophisticated and advanced technique" doesn't always mean "better". It can sometimes distract you from the "basics" (rhythm, phrasing, timing, etc.). I have no doubt that you'll continue to improve both your technique and - musically - how best to use it!

Mike

Lone Wolf & Mike Morrell i d like to say a huge "thank you" for your kind words! Really!
After listening to my solo again, i feel there's a lack of swingin' in it...I ve tried to seem more sophisticated and advanced (concerning my technique), and i might lost some of the true meaning of the jazz idiom. Sure there's a lot of practice for me on the way! I ll keep of practicing! Cheers to all of you!
BillyGreece
 
Musically and timing wise quite good. I can hear you running out of ideas. It's hard to keep coming up with stuff on a long solo.

Tone and intonation could use more work.

The intonation will come by practicing a piece and will be more precise as you get to know it .

Tone wise there seem to be more of the higher partials in your core tone. This can be improved by practicing long tones while changing oral cavity and volume to explore the full tonal range of a note.
 
Colin the Bear thanks for your feedback! I have realized the importance of the long tones the last two months, and how that affects breath support, intonation and somehow acts as an ear training! So i have to work more focused while my practicing!
It's a true story that it takes a lot of effort, to hold on with many ideas on a chord progression! I ll keep on practicing smarter for sure!
 
Hi Billy,

You learned something valuable: that "sophisticated and advanced technique" doesn't always mean "better". It can sometimes distract you from the "basics" (rhythm, phrasing, timing, etc.). I have no doubt that you'll continue to improve both your technique and - musically - how best to use it!

Mike

That's true dear Mike! I ll stay humble and soulful as always! Best regards from Greece to all CafeSaxophone!
🙂
 
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neIrRlU3YUY

I didn't want to post a new thread for my fresh recording, so i thought that it would be nice, posting it here so the current thread could go active! Well dear sax folks of this community, i d like to wish you a great summer time and to enjoy your lives out there!!
Above i ve posted my latest soundcheck (for my sax tone), before i get some rest for the summer. My jazz vocabulary is still a bit poor, but i hope to enrich really soon, after the summer vacation! Cheers to everybody! BillyGreece
 

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,261
Messages
575,966
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom