support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Now I am a sequoia endorser

Larger than usual soprano, but not as large as NYS (slant like) or NYH (huge).
I also have a NYH to try: it requires some serious practice to be played in tune, but such a lovely sound.
I will try to experiment with mr Sequoia possible modified necks.
So... a sort of EB Link soprano chamber? Links soprano chambers

I always prefer large chamber design... for the intonation.
I played soprano rarely and I noticed it was easy to switch from tenor to soprano and find out a correct tuning tendency with large chamber mouthpieces.
For me, it wasn't the chamber itself... but the entire desing (beak, baffle, floor slope, facing profle...) to make the intonation easy or not... it's very subjective.

What's up with the rods for the low right hand pinky keys?
Does creating that amount of torque in the position of the rod really matter?
I can't zoom any further in that site with pic. But I'd like to take a look at that lower stake in detail. It doesn't seem to look like anything I've seen recently.
Do you mean in a soprano, alto or tenor?

Last edited by a moderator:
So... a sort of EB Link soprano chamber? Links soprano chambers

I always prefer large chamber design... for the intonation.
I played soprano rarely and I noticed it was easy to switch from tenor to soprano and find out a correct tuning tendency with large chamber mouthpieces.
For me, it wasn't the chamber itself... but the entire desing (beak, baffle, floor slope, facing profle...) to make the intonation easy or not... it's very subjective.

Do you mean in a soprano, alto or tenor?

Great pictures, thank you!
His NYS is like the Slant and plays well in tune, but he has a NYH (inspired by some mouthpiece from the 30s) that is even larger.

Last edited:
I got an original '30/'40 mouthpiece (larger than large chambered Slant style pieces) tweaked up at 0,083" and I rembered I had a lot of fun when I played it.
This kind of mouthpiece are not for everybody though.

Soprano samples, messing around with two mouthpieces, not a studio recording, but still a decent one

Comments and questions are welcome

wow.gif

wow.gif

Joking aside you don't need to use realtime video footage of you, most still images of anything can be used with todays video software..

Chris..

I guess you are right. I feel that things on youtube have more visibility, despite I don't like it in principle. Using some basic thing like iMovie shouldn't be too difficult.

Do you think this new recording makes a favour to my endorsee? Of course I am not over happy with the sound quality, but I am biased.

One is the most in tune piece I ever played, the other one has a "don't know what" that I like. :confused2:
Same model, same tip opening?
The #1 sounds a little more even through the instrument range... My preference goes to the #1.

If you need alternative large chamber I have some for you (even if you are look for something special!).
icon_mrgreen.gif

Good, I'm a sequoia endorser too, so welcome to the family!
Good samples.
I'll post my videos on a different topic, to get less confusing with yours.
Bye, Al, I'm from Rome.
Fabrizio

Good, I'm a sequoia endorser too, so welcome to the family!
Good samples.
I'll post my videos on a different topic, to get less confusing with yours.
Bye, Al, I'm from Rome.
Fabrizio

Not many of us around...
Hopefully these horns will be available on this side of the channel too.

Back
Top Bottom