• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Tech/maintenance My new most favorite pad

I see your Nairobi Girl, dogs and horses

And I raise you:
  1. A one-eyed lion named Clarence

I missed this one.
Was Cheetah (Cita) the great-great-great-grand mother of the Planet of the apes?
She could definitely mind-control Tarzan™

They tried to make TV Producers skin pads, but they were too thick.
 
All I had growing up was a show about a boy idiot named "Timmy" who kept falling into wells and getting trapped in caves by mountain lions and having to be rescued by his Collie named Lassie.

How could I forget that!
I must confess I liked a Swedish (?) one about a weird girl living on her own with several animals.
Very surreal.
 
I had Watch With Mother, Andy Pandy, The Woodentops, Bill & Ben and I remember especially loving Tingha & Tucker, the 2 little koala bears with Auntie Jean
 
From Children's television I remember Prudence the kitten.
When I was four I got my first kitten, I named her Prudence because she was grey the same colour as the one on the TV.

Let's not forget Rin Tin Tin and Mr Ed.
 
Last edited:
I named her Prudence because she was grey the same colour as the one on the TV.
That was in the good old days when cats were only in black and white

Let's not forget Rin Tin Tin and Mr Ed.
He is the dog with the underage soldier in my point 3.

I wish they did something with less popular animals, like goats or cows.
Boy: "Caroline, help! The train is going to crash Mrs. Fahrwanwrist's chariot!"
Caroline the cow (staring at the train): ...
 
I was batting my gums with one of my Ozzie rellies and he told me a yarn about a news story which got reported in the media years ago. They like a good laugh - it takes their mind off their terrible beer.

A couple of blokes were driving through the bush and a 'roo jumped out in front of their ute without giving them time to stop.

They got out to have a dekko, cut up about having knocked the 'roo off its perch.

Nothing could be done, but one of them decided to dress the 'roo in some of his clobber and take snaps.

He has snapping away when the 'roo opened it's eyes and hopped away at a right lick, wearing the snapper's jacket and hat.

Roos can move. They never saw it again... and the jacket it was wearing had his wallet, money and credit cards in the pockets....

That was the story. I believed him.

It was too good a story not to... I like a good laugh, too... http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blroo.htm
thats a movie called "KANGAROO JACK".....
i am sure your ozzie friend is a funny bullshi* artist....
its a great movie though,very funny.....
cheers,philip from down-under....
 
there are some other makers of tan kangaroo pads.....i have seen them a few years ago but donot know who makes them or where to get them,i suppose a google search will find them....
i do like the black ones though....
cheers,philip
 
It's not just the type of leather - other factors include:
1. The waterproofing on some pads ( often silicone based and very sticky).
2. The type of felt - pressed or woven, and how it feels - hard, firm,medium,soft and stupidly cotton wool type soft.
3. The backing - card, metal, flimsy paper almost and no firm backing.

Resonators/reflectors do nothing to prolong the life of the pad. Plated resonators are a personal preference and do nothing except look good or bad (depending on your own view of things)

As with most things in life you get what you pay for.


My idea of a decent pad - A smoother leather,a medium to firm felt and a stiff backing.

A stiff backing - then these old Buescher snap-on pads (replacements) must be perfect? BTW Red Sox has nothing to do with this. Just a mouse pad!
snap-on.webp
 

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,261
Messages
575,994
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom