PPT mouthpieces

microphone mute footswitch

neil

Locality
Hull
hi folks
has anyone ever made or tried to make a microphone footswitch that mutes the mic...i`m thinking xlr in and out and with no huge CLICK through the PA when you operate it...i had a quick google and you can buy such an item but they seem really expensive for what they are....
any ideas anyone?

neil

forgot to mention this is for a clip on mic...so i can turn it off when i want to blow a few notes to help me catch up

Personally I'd use a volume pedal for that kind of thing. The one I have came from a music shop here in Spain and cost twenty-something Euros 4 years ago. Its just a mono device with a rack and pinion turning the internal pot. I use it to control anything where the volume needs to be adjusted on the fly. Just sort out the max volume you want when the pedal's fully turned up and then turning it fully down will go to zero volume with no click at all.

ps. However, mine's standard jack in and out ... so may not suit. Is there phantom power to your mic, if not I think there are XLR to standard jack adapters available.

Last edited by a moderator: