support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

laid back 'all of me'

fibracell

I did this last night after a long practice session on my grade pieces, so in short I was very tired.

I found this version on u tub tub, and thought it was very cool:cool:. so this is my effort.

Comments welcome !!

I just faded the track, since it was too long, and TBH I don't have that many ideas over C#7 to F#m !:confused:

Rob

Think soundcoud is playing up. I've tried twice to listen and it appears to play but no sound (yes I have got my speakers on) so I tried a couple of other tracks and same - no sound. It's on my list now so will listen tomorrow :) if it works

Rob, it sounded very laid back and very good earlier when I listened.:mrcool:thumb:

Chris..

Worked for me, nice laid back sound :)

Jx

Well the wait was definitely worth it. Enjoyed it immensely Rob, loved the laid back vibe. Is that an iReal backing?

Thanks Chris, Jeanette and Sue for listening, and the nice comments.greatly appreciated. :thanks1:
The backing track came from that utube video, where he mentions a link.

http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a86037/bopppper-jazz-backings-vol-1

I believe the tracks where made with BIAB though. I find that I prefer iReal or BIAB to many of the old Aebersold playalong tracks, which just get way too busy and cluttered for a playalong.:confused:

Rob

Reactions: Sue
vintage sounding version, watch that timing, a good idea is to try to play slightly behind the beat and not rush. :)

thanks for listening thesaman71 or are you called Ian (the monster player)?
Definitely need to relax my playing (hard to do when recording) and check into playing behind the beat which is completely alien to me!!:confused:

thanks for listening thesaman71 or are you called Ian (the monster player)?
Definitely need to relax my playing (hard to do when recording) and check into playing behind the beat which is completely alien to me!!:confused:
Ian will do fine.... :)
when playing behind the beat try over doing it at 1st play crotchets then swing quavers to a metronome or backing track, til you find that groove where you can hear/feel the anticipation in the timing rather than being right on the beat, listen more to Dexter Gordon, he is the perfect player to hear this way to play.