Alex9
Member
- Messages
- 294
- Location
- London, Greater London
Hi all
Apologies if I'm repeating a past thread.
There seem to be no Johnny Hodges transcriptions out there! No Rabbit! I've found 'All of Me' and 'Things Ain't What They Used To Be' but that's about it. I really want 'I've Got It Bad and That Ain't Good' and 'I Didnt Know About You' in particular.
Now, I know I'll be told to have a go myself, and I'd love to! But I'm new to transcribing and it would be great to have something to work from and study alongside the recordings. I imagine because of the deceptive simplicity of a lot of Hodges solos (slower, fewer notes but LOTS of expressive playing) people are less inclined to transcribe them and share?
If anyone knows of a source for Hodges transcriptions, please let me know! Thanks.
Apologies if I'm repeating a past thread.
There seem to be no Johnny Hodges transcriptions out there! No Rabbit! I've found 'All of Me' and 'Things Ain't What They Used To Be' but that's about it. I really want 'I've Got It Bad and That Ain't Good' and 'I Didnt Know About You' in particular.
Now, I know I'll be told to have a go myself, and I'd love to! But I'm new to transcribing and it would be great to have something to work from and study alongside the recordings. I imagine because of the deceptive simplicity of a lot of Hodges solos (slower, fewer notes but LOTS of expressive playing) people are less inclined to transcribe them and share?
If anyone knows of a source for Hodges transcriptions, please let me know! Thanks.

