support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Israel by Miles Davis...

fantastic price too....now, where to find the time to listen to all that stuff?!

anyhow...I wasn't looking specifically for Miles Davis' songs - just songs with wide steps which sounds "musical" (if that makes sense) unlike some which are more akin to exercises....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well.....it's from an album called birth of the cool you might have a look at that.

Composed by John Carisi ...you might look at his other stuff.

And notables in the Band with Miles were Gerry Mulligan, JJ Johnson and Lee Konitz. You might want to have a look at their other work.

I think that should keep you busy for a decade or so lol

Well.....it's from an album called birth of the cool you might have a look at that.

Composed by John Carisi ...you might look at his other stuff.

And notables in the Band with Miles were Gerry Mulligan, JJ Johnson and Lee Konitz. You might want to have a look at their other work.

I think that should keep you busy for a decade or so lol

a decade?!:shocked:

if this is another advice like the one about the Metalite then I can safely ignore it ;}

a decade?!:shocked:

if this is another advice like the one about the Metalite then I can safely ignore it ;}

I think the point is the combined work of Gerry Mulligan, JJ Johnson and Lee Konitz would keep you busy for a long time.

Chris..

I think the point is the combined work of Gerry Mulligan, JJ Johnson and Lee Konitz would keep you busy for a long time.

Chris..

I've just checked a few Lee Konitz's tunes on uTube - found nothing that "jumpy" (it might take some time).
Any specific example? Israel has some jumps of 17 semitones (a few 14 too) and it doesn't show - it feels and sounds very fluid....another tune which comes in my mind is the starting of Harlem Nocturne (but much less daring than Israel).

I've just checked a few Lee Konitz's tunes on uTube - found nothing that "jumpy" (it might take some time).
Any specific example? Israel has some jumps of 17 semitones (a few 14 too) and it doesn't show - it feels and sounds very fluid....another tune which comes in my mind is the starting of Harlem Nocturne (but much less daring than Israel).

Zannad, bar 15 of Joe Hendersons "InnerUrge" has a descending 11th, also bar 24 of Billy Strayhorn's " Chelsea Bridge" has a descending 13th.. But this is not my thread..I was just pointing out that there is a lot of work between the 3 sax players mentioned..

Chris...

Zannad, bar 15 of Joe Hendersons "InnerUrge" has a descending 11th, also bar 24 of Billy Strayhorn's " Chelsea Bridge" has a descending 13th.. But this is not my thread..I was just pointing out that there is a lot of work between the 3 sax players mentioned..

Chris...

"...But this is not my thread..."??! - if you are complaining about a thread which as been left hanging then you should at least had shown a bit of support, don't you think so? (even a simple "thank you" would had made the difference).

Here's another quirk tune - playing it is a lot easier than it sounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOvKLvWuZjg

As I'm evolving a bit from the easy singable tunes repertoire....I'd like to keep this thread going as a collection of more technical "difficult to sing" and weird stuff.

Any addition welcomed (thanks).

Blues For Alice....by ear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s5FZBisaf8
This tune is trickier than expected....I don't find many easily recognizable patterns and the length of the tune make it difficult to memorize. I've counted about 70 notes and while a blues scale is expected (from the name) it can be condensed into a major scale (in my own unorthodoxy way) - in fact it doesn't sounds that bluesy to me.