• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Tech/maintenance Isopropyl Alcohol and hard rubber mpc

Great news folks! This thread wins Derail Of The Year.
A lot can happen when you attempt using isopropyl alcohol on a hard rubber mpc. 😉

Does the listening audience always talk about the performing musician's axe, mouthpiece, style, etc. when seated in a café, or do they talk about other things? 🙂
 
Me thinks this thread ran its course a while back, hence the post chat. :happydance:
Sure. Having seen the judges remarks:: of course they consider; timeliness of the diversion, swiftness, distance traveled etc. In this case they where particularly impressed by how hard it would be to work out the link between the OP and final discussion. It's called the entropy score.
 
You met a lot of intresting stingers. Compared to that my life is bland. Apart for some bees and ants in my youth I have only a story with a wasp which landed inside my collar. Directly my brain projected a picture of a crawling wasp in my neck and I got stung while experiencing having eyes in my back.
Don't look at the wasps, they notice!
 
A wasp struck my open collar shirt and jacket. Put about 5 welts spaced about 2 inches apart down the middle of my chest. I was holding the throttle with the right hand and slapping my chest with the left hand with no luck
I've had a similar experience on a bicycle, with a wasp flying down my shirt

Cue mad slapping at my chest... But it stung before I could prevent it
 
I've never been stung by a wasp or bee, never provoked them when one did go in my shirt, a slow 'strip' and let it fly off.
Got a bad sting or bite on the back of the hand off a rather large unknown insect in Switzerland, my hand swelled up very big very quickly. Fortunately there was a chemist, showed it to him and got some treatment.
 
An African Bee sting, on top of the skin, above the upper spine, buzzes for a long time. Different than getting bit by 125/250 VAC.
Back in high school I had the cabinet back off, of a valve (tube) Panasonic black and white TV and it powered on. I accidentally got my hand within 2 inches of the high voltage rectifier valve. A blue electric arc of some 13 thousand volts eminated from it to my finger tip, which shocked me causing my arm to instinctively jerk back hitting my elbow's "funny bone" on the wall behind.

That was different than getting bit by 125/250 VAC.
 
...blue electric arc of some 13 thousand volts eminated from it to my finger tip, which shocked me causing my arm to instinctively jerk back hitting my elbow's funny bone...
You ride and you are stung

You swim and you are stung

You repair a TV, you are electrocuted and you dent a nerve

Do you lie awake at night wondering if anywhere is safe?
 
Paul Newman and Robert Redford I seem to remember.
View: https://youtu.be/Fxk9qwCFf8s?si=jd_XvaLOwLsZSKaE
In a similar vein, this is a piece that I recorded in my living room 9 years ago on my Fuji-Film bridge camera, Wolverine Blues with backing track from Hal Leonard's Jazz Play-Along Volume# 119, Jelly Roll Morton. This is with my early 1950's LeBlanc Beaugnier Vito Low Bb Bari with Rico Royal Graftonite B5 mouthpiece and #2 Rico reed.

Earlier I posted it in my introduction to this forum in Hi from New Mexico, US . This is the same media:


Per Wolverine Blues (song) - Wikipedia it was published in 1923.
 
Last edited:

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,260
Messages
575,939
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom