support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Impro-Visor

Phew ! That looks really interesting, but I think that they could really do with some thought on designing their website and what messages they are trying to put across to people who are completely new to their software. I found it very difficult to understand who would want to use the software, why and what its benefits might be.

The screen shots look quite impressive, but the two video clips I found linked were not a good example of the software's capability as the human-played vibraphone part drowned out the software backing. Nice playing, but so what ?

Maybe I'm being dumb today.

Rhys

Just downloaded and installed this and it looks like a fantastic tool , Im going to have fun with this one :)

cheers for the link Thaumaturge :)

Thanks for posting this. I downloaded the program too. I enjoy using software for writing music. I was playing around with this a bit today but I can see where it's going to take a bit of a learning curve just to learn to use the software. Maybe people can post things they've done with with with step-by-step instructions of how to go about setting things up.

I need to go out now, but my first goal with this thing is to learn how to set up a specific custom backing track tailored to what I'd like to work on. It this thing can make backing tracks pretty easily that alone will be worth the download.

I've been currrently studying improv techniques from some other books and DVDs. So it will be interesting to see if I can use this program in any way to add to what I'm already doing.

I was playing around with this a bit today but I can see where it's going to take a bit of a learning curve just to learn to use the software. Maybe people can post things they've done with with with step-by-step instructions of how to go about setting things up.

On the Impro-Visor web page there is a Tutorial section, a link to a Yahoo user group plus you can also contact Robert Keller direct via his email link

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks very interesting, and the price is definitely right.

On the Impro-Visor web page there is a Tutorial section, a link to a Yahoo user group plus you can also contact Robert Keller direct via his email link

Ok, I'll take a look at the tutorial section. I'm the kind of guy who just takes things out of the box, puts them together, and THEN reads the instructions. :)))

I already figured out a few things about styles and setting up my own chord progressions. But clearly there is more to learn.

Does anyone know if this program will actually display the base score that is used in the styles? Or if you can create your own styles and bass-lines too?

I play the bass guitar in addition to the sax so I may find the program useful along those lines as well.