- Harrisonburg, VA
Improvisation for Beginners - Jazz, Blues, Rock & Pop | Taming The Saxophone
This will be on public sale next week (if the printer can get on the case) but we have some initial copies available right now.
As well as the book you also get (free):
- Download PDF:
- Backing tracks (mp3). Sheet music and performance notes.
- Chord scale charts.
- Free bonus: archive of Beginners PDFs (approx 100 pages) previously sold for £4.95 (see below)
- Access to “member only” pages on the site with more info, resources and interactive tutorials. New material for customers only will be added over the next year.
- 12 Step Scale charts
- Pentatonics & Blues
- Scales & Chords for Beginners
- Ideally you already know some very basics of music theory, e.g. about key signatures and notes on the staff. If not we advise getting a basic music theory book such as Grade III.
- Any saxophone player, beginner to intermediate who may or may not have reasonable saxophone technique, but is not yet confident enough to improvise.
- Anyone who wants a simpler yet highly musical approach to improvising – no complex jazz theory to make your brain hurt. No mixolydian dominants or modes of the melodic minor.
- Harmony examples need to be played and although you don’t need to be a piano player, you need a keyboard (either piano, MIDI or virtual, e.g. keyboard app). It doesn’t matter how slow you are finding the notes.