Eoe
Member
- Messages
- 343
Has anyone else gone through this. My first days playing the sax I went around about 6hrs a day with the mouthpiece attached to the crook. Just blowing on it trying to play songs and hit notes without the sax. Did this for about 7 days. So I've been having a problem hitting the D2 it's always a little Sharp. I just found out that when I hit the tuning note that I subconsciously tune to it. So I tried tuning to the D2 and then turning again to the tune note. And I am in tune all over the saxophone. My lips are trying to do all the work of tuning and not letting the sax do the work. I just thought I was really good at putting that mouthpiece in the exact right spot every time. OK also when I try to bend up a octive there is this break point I have a hard time getting over smooth. Talking about going up a octive now without using the octive key separate issue from above . it is possible to get over this smoothly right?
Last edited:
