• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Saxophones How will Tariffs affect Sax Prices?

Frittata is Italian…
Quote Recetas de Mexico:

La Frittata mexicana es tremendamente versátil, y aunque muchos chefs las usan para exhibir combinaciones de sabores exóticos, la verdad es que parecen funcionar mejor cuando se combinan con el cajón de verduras de tu refrigerador. En otras palabras, no se requieren viajes adicionales a la tienda de comestibles, puedes usar lo que tienes y lo más probable es que seas muy feliz con este desayuno.
 
I thought the Spanish equivalent is omelette ... "seas muy feliz con este desayuno" - you will be very happy with this breakfast. Mentions adding vegetables from your refrigerator, save yourself a trip to the grocery store (whilst worrying about US tariffs?) >:) That's basically what I do when I make myself breakfast. 😉
 
Omelette is French, I don't know of a straight English variant, I think we just co-opted omelette although we call them Fritatta in our house. In Spain I once had a tortilla in the restaurant that had won that year's award for the best one, it was in Asturias. Some of the people I was with were put off and wouldn't eat them because it was very runny and ever since the great egg scare in the UK in the 80s English people want them fully cooked. This didn't go down well with the restaurant.

I think this maybe drifting off topic.
 
Omelette is French, I don't know of a straight English variant, I think we just co-opted omelette although we call them Fritatta in our house. In Spain I once had a tortilla in the restaurant that had won that year's award for the best one, it was in Asturias. Some of the people I was with were put off and wouldn't eat them because it was very runny and ever since the great egg scare in the UK in the 80s English people want them fully cooked. This didn't go down well with the restaurant.

I think this maybe drifting off topic.
A fritatta is not disturbed once it is in the pan. The end result is a function of its process, much like the determination of tariffs placed on a product as judged by where the greatest fraction of its transformation occurs.
 
Maybe so, but to me also, frittata is Italian, the Spanish equivalent is tortilla. Who knows for Mexico maybe there are Italians there.
Spaghetti is an Italian word but the original recipe comes from Asia. This doesn't mean that the word is used wrong or other countries can't use the word. Cuisine nomenclature is just messy.
 
Sometimes it seems new words from other languages are introduced for marketing new items or variations on a restaurant's menu. Thus, a chef or restaurant manager does this to lure in customers. Ditto with new prepared food items sold in grocery stores. The use of another foreign language's words to label or describe adds a bit of 'mystique' as a 'lure'?

(Perhaps it is like running different brightly coloured streamers on lures (reds to yellows, green, white, orange, metallics, etc.) to peak fish curiosity during trolling on the open oceans to capture big game fish? - I lived in Hawaii 17 years.) 😉

After a while, it makes its way into the people's venacular and home kitchens?
 
Spaghetti is an Italian word but the original recipe comes from Asia. This doesn't mean that the word is used wrong or other countries can't use the word. Cuisine nomenclature is just messy.
Flatbreads are ubiquitous too, but that doesn’t make every one of them a pizza. Or naan. Or tortilla. Pita?

Back to music: What of quavers vs quarter notes? Which was the original recipe?
 
Flatbreads are ubiquitous too, but that doesn’t make every one of them a pizza. Or naan. Or tortilla. Pita?

Back to music: What of quavers vs quarter notes? Which was the original recipe?
That is further proof of how messy the cuisine nomenclature is. iI needs constant explanation. Just as your atonally question.
 
Or is that bigly beautiful......?
Careful now, that could invite political discussion.

Note the opening line of the thread:
Not a political question, of course, and there's no need to discuss the DT

- if it does it could mean bye bye thread! I'll be moving the OT posts anyway to a new topic of omelettes.
 
I just had to use google to find out why that would be political.
When used to ridicule a current political figure, then it is political. I'm not saying it was used like that exactly, just a friendly note for everyone in general to be careful. I will stick the OP intent to the top of the page as a reminder
 

Trending

Forum statistics

Topics
32,295
Messages
577,004
Members
8,094
Latest member
nilocssss
Back
Top Bottom