PPT mouthpieces

How many mouthpieces do you bring when you go to play?

How many mouthpieces do you bring when you go to play?

Votes: 10 40.0%

Votes: 10 40.0%

Votes: 4 16.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • None, I don' need no stinkin' mouthpiece (for the contrarians and comedians)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Seems like a good idea to have a second mpc and maybe an emergency strap as well. Neither take much room. I use a harness and if it broke I'd be dead, playing wise, except possibly with the curved soprano which can be held for a short time.

It's interesting to see the different responses to a given situation. The tragedy of dropping a mouthpiece and it breaking inspires some to carry back ups in case of a repeat but inspires me to be very careful. In fact very very careful, when handling my gear. My babies. ;)

It's interesting to see the different responses to a given situation. The tragedy of dropping a mouthpiece and it breaking inspires some to carry back ups in case of a repeat but inspires me to be very careful. In fact very very careful, when handling my gear. My babies. ;)
A mate of mine dropped and chipped his mouthpiece minutes before a gig when we were about 18. I chipped a clarinet piece on the edge of a glass table when doing a transcription years ago - on lap and bringing up to check notes. Other than this, I’ve forgotten a sling - in other sax case - a few times. Guitar straps have sufficed very well, yet you no longer look particularly cool.
Most of my life on the road has been about how I carry less gear and travel lighter. Not the most prudent I grant you, but that back ache...