All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
ArtistWorks

How many mouthpieces do you bring when you go to play?

How many mouthpieces do you bring when you go to play?

Votes: 10 41.7%

Votes: 10 41.7%

Votes: 3 12.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • None, I don' need no stinkin' mouthpiece (for the contrarians and comedians)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jazzaferri

I carry two, my main alto PPt and a backup/section that is a little less broad in tonal palette but does get warmer/darker ????

Same setup for tenor.

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
3 tenor
3 alto
2 soprano
2 baritone
Always more than one sling too.
Ever since breaking my only sop mouthpiece just before a gig about 40 years ago I've taken more than one mouthpiece to gigs. Same for slings.

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 25 months
Subscriber
Seems like a good idea to have a second mpc and maybe an emergency strap as well. Neither take much room. I use a harness and if it broke I'd be dead, playing wise, except possibly with the curved soprano which can be held for a short time.

Colin the Bear

It's interesting to see the different responses to a given situation. The tragedy of dropping a mouthpiece and it breaking inspires some to carry back ups in case of a repeat but inspires me to be very careful. In fact very very careful, when handling my gear. My babies. ;)

Pete Effamy

It's interesting to see the different responses to a given situation. The tragedy of dropping a mouthpiece and it breaking inspires some to carry back ups in case of a repeat but inspires me to be very careful. In fact very very careful, when handling my gear. My babies. ;)
A mate of mine dropped and chipped his mouthpiece minutes before a gig when we were about 18. I chipped a clarinet piece on the edge of a glass table when doing a transcription years ago - on lap and bringing up to check notes. Other than this, I’ve forgotten a sling - in other sax case - a few times. Guitar straps have sufficed very well, yet you no longer look particularly cool.
Most of my life on the road has been about how I carry less gear and travel lighter. Not the most prudent I grant you, but that back ache...

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom