support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Beginner Sax Hanson Sav Lite

SarahT

So after a suggestion to look at Hanson for saxes we had a look at the website. We’re only an hour away from them. I like the idea of the 5yr warranty and servicing.

I know that resale won’t be as good as they aren’t as well known. But could this be a good way to go as it’s a good bit cheaper than a second hand Yamaha YAS 280 and comes with some peace of mind with regard to warranty and servicing?

Does anyone here have one?

Can’t say the notion of a Yorkshire sax (albeit with a German body) is appealing!

Hi Sarah, there is a lot of love on here for Hanson Saxes. I don't think I've read anything detrimental about them on this forum. I have the LX alto (which I prefer over my Selmer Ref 54) and the ST8 tenor. If you go and speak to Alistair (or any of the team) you will be given a warm Yorkshire welcome and after trying them you can see for yourself. If you decide they aren't for you, nothing lost other than the journey. Let us know what you decide, happy hunting :)

Edit: I also have a Hanson clarinet but the less said about my clarinet playing, the better :rofl:

Hi Sarah, there is a lot of love on here for Hanson Saxes. I don't think I've read anything detrimental about them on this forum. I have the LX alto (which I prefer over my Selmer Ref 54) and the ST8 tenor. If you go and speak to Alistair (or any of the team) you will be given a warm Yorkshire welcome and after trying them you can see for yourself. If you decide they aren't for you, nothing lost other than the journey. Let us know what you decide, happy hunting :)

Edit: I also have a Hanson clarinet but the less said about my clarinet playing, the better :rofl:
Sounds like it might not be a bad bet. Might give them a call to arrange a visit. I’d had a search through the forums and there isn’t a huge amount out there about the sav lite but it looks like it could be worth the money for us. Sounds like you do like a Hanson instrument though

I have Hanson Tenor/Alto and am pleased with both.In addition to warrabty I believe Hanson will give you original purchase price against an upgrade to another model..not sure of timeline on this however Alastair Hanson is a very approachable and friendly person to deal with.Suggest you telephone rather than email/text for fastest response.As said elsewhere on this site I doubt you will regret buying a Hanson instrument.

couldn't agree more. I had a sa5 and upgraded theyre great value horns..the tone on the V was lovelly. Had a series V111 tenor again looks and quality on par with my raw but half the price...

Only phone e mails no good..i think there saxes are really good value and quality can really reccommend the original 5 series not tried the sav but cant see why it wont be good. Sell on value is difficult which is a shame but you can always upgrade with them...are you wIting to get a sax to get started...

Only phone e mails no good..i think there saxes are really good value and quality can really reccommend the original 5 series not tried the sav but cant see why it wont be good. Sell on value is difficult which is a shame but you can always upgrade with them...are you wIting to get a sax to get started...
Yes, I’m hoping to buy their most basic sax as a starter for us to learn on.
When you’re just starting out it’s good to know that they’re people we can trust.

Yes, I’m hoping to buy their most basic sax as a starter for us to learn on.
When you’re just starting out it’s good to know that they’re people we can trust.
You can order on line...think you can return..of course its best to try but not always possible....

Back
Top Bottom