Saxophones Hanson Saxophones

Ballymenaboy

Just waiting for my new Hanson MkV Soprano sax to arrive and wondered if anyone has had one of these and what the views are - also what is recommended as best metal soprano mouthpiece.

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
Why metal?
I teach someone that's got a Hanson sop but I've no idea what model. Seems pretty good to me.
Yanagisawa metal mouthpieces are very good (I've a 9) but I prefer my PPT 7.

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
If you're looking for a soprano metal mouthpiece I have two that are not being used. A BARI 6 which isn't expensive and a SR Tech pro SP150 that is a relativley expensive piece. Check those out, read some reviews and what they cost new then PM me with an offer and see if you can wedge them from my clutches.

OP
B

Ballymenaboy

If you're looking for a soprano metal mouthpiece I have two that are not being used. A BARI 6 which isn't expensive and a SR Tech pro SP150 that is a relativley expensive piece. Check those out, read some reviews and what they cost new then PM me with an offer and see if you can wedge them from my clutches.
waiting for my hanson soprano to finally arrive to check what mouthpiece comes with it and then have a look thanks for replying

Last edited by a moderator:

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
I had a conversation with Hanson a few Months back and Mark V's were on Back Order waiting for a delivery around now. I emailed them several times to put me on their list to advise when they were back in stock, but I never got a response back from them. Their (new) website shows they are still not in stock. I'd be interested to hear if you've been advised any different?

OP
B

Ballymenaboy

I had a conversation with Hanson a few Months back and Mark V's were on Back Order waiting for a delivery around now. I emailed them several times to put me on their list to advise when they were back in stock, but I never got a response back from them. Their (new) website shows they are still not in stock. I'd be interested to hear if you've been advised any different?
Waiting now about 11weeks they expected stock last week for shipping this week. I have read good reports about the product but not impressed with their communications. Changing horses now to higher spec used model rather than wait any longer best of luck

sax panther

Subscriber
I visited Hanson a couple of weeks ago - they are lovely people to deal with in person, but their email response rate is patchy at best - the first one I sent got a response within a couple of hours, but then I received nothing from my follow ups so ended up phoning them to confirm a visit. I'd give them a phonecall rather than persisting with emails, you'll probably get to speak to Alistair directly.

I haven't tried a soprano, but I'm very happy with my alto and tenor. I also tried one of their clarinets (a T5) while I was there, which was wonderful.

regarding the mouthpiece, I think you just get a stock plastic one unless you specifically choose to upgrade to one of their nicer ones (they do their own ebonite ones for alto and tenor - meyer/link style respectively I think, but not sure if they make sop or bari ones)

OP
B

Ballymenaboy

Thanks for your input-hoping to receive my sop on Monday and glad to see no negative product reports anywhere so that by far outweighs any communication issues -will post again when have had a blow on new instrument
I have heard others speak well of Alastair Hanson so happy to be dealing with a company that has a good reputation.

Top Bottom