support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Frankfurt Musikmesse

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
Just got back, nice to see Griff again and Milandro.

Highlights for me:

Inderbinen tenor, R & C alto and altello (pics to follow), Fiberreeds, and being given a free P.Mauriat.

Yes, I'm now an endorser of P.Mauriat. Not the saxophones though, it was just a T shirt they gave me.

I would have thought that the tone from one of those may be considered....a bit woolly for some?:)))
Good to see you back Pete and glad you had a good time.

Just got back, nice to see Griff again (also Milandro who used to post here).

Highlights for me:

Inderbinen tenor, R & C alto and altello (pics to follow), Fiberreeds, and being given a free P.Mauriat.

Yes, I'm now an endorser of P.Mauriat. Not the saxophones though, it was just a T shirt they gave me.

Candy Dulfer plays an Inderbinen alto I believe.

What is an altello?

What is an altello?

This:

altello.jpg

As the last time I saw you in action, you were playing baritone, do they make a straight baritone?

Good question, OG! There is a rumour that the guys in Far East are putting together a straight baritonesax, Baritello, with a slightly bent neck and a tilted bell. Of course, this is a modern baritione so the range is to low A. ;}

Thomas

I didn't get much time there to do thorough testing, I did notice that this reed had a more cane like sound than a Legere or Fibracell. I got one to do some further testing which I hope to do this week and put up some sound clip comparisons. The black and white one seemed a bit harder than the white one, but I may have been imagining that.

The Inderbinen range looks fantastic - do have a look on their website - the Trumpet range is particularly special, and several top musicians (including Randy Brecker) play their flugelhorn. Did you see anything about the Francois Louis Alto mouthpiece - it is supposed to be launched at the show?

Kind regards
Tom:cool: