support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Frankfurt Musikmesse

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Cafe Moderator
Just got back, nice to see Griff again and Milandro.

Highlights for me:

Inderbinen tenor, R & C alto and altello (pics to follow), Fiberreeds, and being given a free P.Mauriat.

Yes, I'm now an endorser of P.Mauriat. Not the saxophones though, it was just a T shirt they gave me.

Taz

Busking Oracle
I would have thought that the tone from one of those may be considered....a bit woolly for some?:)))
Good to see you back Pete and glad you had a good time.

half diminished

Just got back, nice to see Griff again (also Milandro who used to post here).

Highlights for me:

Inderbinen tenor, R & C alto and altello (pics to follow), Fiberreeds, and being given a free P.Mauriat.

Yes, I'm now an endorser of P.Mauriat. Not the saxophones though, it was just a T shirt they gave me.
Candy Dulfer plays an Inderbinen alto I believe.

What is an altello?

Chris98

The Altello is a very nice horn it felt nice under the fingers and sounded great especially when Pete played it. the picture was taken by yours truly.
Good photo Griff, so that's what our host looks like!

Chris

Rogerb

For those who don't read SOTW, which model FIBERREED did you buy, Pete, and what strength would you say corresponds, roughly, with a Plasticover #2

At the price, one wouldn't wanna get it wrong!

thomsax

As the last time I saw you in action, you were playing baritone, do they make a straight baritone?
Good question, OG! There is a rumour that the guys in Far East are putting together a straight baritonesax, Baritello, with a slightly bent neck and a tilted bell. Of course, this is a modern baritione so the range is to low A. ;}

Thomas

OP
Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Cafe Moderator
I didn't get much time there to do thorough testing, I did notice that this reed had a more cane like sound than a Legere or Fibracell. I got one to do some further testing which I hope to do this week and put up some soundclip comparisons. The black and white one seemed a bit harder than the white one, but I may have been imagining that.

TomMapfumo

The Inderbinen range looks fantastic - do have a look on their website - the Trumpet range is particularly special, and several top musicians (including Randy Brecker) play their flugelhorn. Did you see anything about the Francois Louis Alto mouthpiece - it is supposed to be launched at the show?

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Top Bottom