support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Sheet Music edit scores

because i dont read music i have to print the PDFs and write the notes on.. Then scan back onto my laptop and put on mobile sheets.

MobileSheets will let you annotate the score. With the score open, tap the middle of the screen. This opens a menu at the top. Click the brush. This opens another menu. If you have a tablet pen, click the pencil and write all your notes onto your score. Click save, job done.

Or click the big A and type the notes onto your score. Again, click save, job done.

Tap in the middle of your score. This menu will appear. Tap the brush icon.
mobile 01.jpg

Choose the pencil if you have a tablet pen or the A if you want to type.
mobile 02.jpg

When you're done, click save.

I need the words as it helps with my time keeping all my boss at work may say not....
So do I! There are alternativs when you buy sheet music. You can choose leadsheet with just the melody and singing lines. You can also transpose on some sites. If a song is in A you can transpose it to B if the sax is more important than the vocal. Here is a sample of a leadsheet (2 pages) of song in A. If you are on tenor then you should play in B. I prefer to have leadsheets in the original key on do the maths in my head.
lwmtext.JPG

There is a wide stand bt Stagg. By taping 5 pages in a Z fold manner I ca easily put this on the stand.
However, while playing it is a long walk from one end to the other.

P.s. the light is not included
20200916_081331.jpg
20200916_081144.jpg
20200916_081331.jpg

I'm a pencil and paper man. Helps me to speed up the learning. I like to know what a song is about. What are they really singing? Some words are not used when you learn english in shools here in Sweden !!!!! . I like to sing myself so it's important. This is what I do when I learn a song or "dissect" a song. Sample: B.B. King and The Crusaders version of "Never Make A Move Too Soon".
  1. Buy a leadsheet in the key that best for you. "NMAMTS" is in concert F and that's ok with me.
  2. Write down the lyrics and try to sing it.
  3. Learn the form of the song. It's some kind of funky blues over 20 bars: 8 bars intro, 2 x verse, tenorsolo over 1 x verse, 1 x verse, outro 8 bars vamping. That's what B.B. King and The Crusaders did.
  4. If you are playing in a band they maybe wants a guitar solo instead of a tenor solo? Move the song to another key? I write down the chords on a paper. If you are the only hornplayer you can write down some fillings, riffs .... as well.
  5. No hornsection on this song: I had a guy to do a 3-horn arr (tp, ts and bari) + rhythm page. Learn to read and play all parts. I can't play trumpet so I play the trumpet part on tenor.
This is a very slow way to learn a song. Covid 19 therapy. I think that's why the band i played in just had c 25 songs on the songlist. We played together for nearly ten years. But I think it's better to our own cover of a blues song and not to cover a cover. Some guitarist are so keen on "Status" ...... blues. Maybe this way to learn and deal with music is to slow and basic? But we are all different.

nevermake.JPG

I have realized that I'm far out of topic!!! Sorry for that! It's how to deal with sheet music with several pages.

Not so far of Thomsax I'm a pen and paper guy myself. I just end up with so much paper and can't turn pages. Defoe think you're on topic

For multiple music pages, I often use the following technique:- Scan any paper music sheets with JotNot Pro, and import the scans into Forscore, all on the same tablet. I use a Donner electronic wireless Page Turner to turn the pages under foot control. I tend not to try and link the score to backing tracks (as mentioned above) because I'm not clever enough to know how, but I'm OK with having them separate anyway for my purposes.

Have you tried Scan Score software? Works pretty well for me. Much better than any other softwares

As I seem to be doing some bookbinding these days... I've made myself a triptych to sit on my music stand....
1622806330539.png

Are triangular prisms for triangular prisomers? That reminds me. Where's me tricorn hat? Arrrrrr!