All profit supporting   special needs music

Sheet Music Scores for Miniature Jazz Suites

C

ChartResources

I have Suites #3, #4, and #5 of Lennie Niehaus's six-suite Miniature Jazz Suites. In rehearsing them, it would be helpful to have the scores, but they are missing. These three suites are permanently out of print. Can anyone help me locate this material?

jbtsax

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
This is what I came up with doing a search on World Cat
Results for 'miniature jazz suite Lennie Niehaus' [WorldCat.org]

I have used this in the past by becoming a member at my local library and having the librarian put in a request for a copy of out of print music I was looking for through the library lending program. If you haven't yet done so a member at SOTW may have what you are looking for.

Ivan

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
You could ask the moderators to correct the typo in the title

C

ChartResources

Thanks for the tip on the World Catalog. I've been tempted to travel this route before but haven't, suspecting it to be a cumbersome and protracted process. But I'm getting desperate and just may give it a try!

C

ChartResources

Thanks, jbtsax. Two-thirds successful. After nine weeks, I was able to acquire two of the three scores through OCLC (WorldCatalog), but I'm still looking for the score for Miniature Suite #5. It's listed by several libraries, but none has come through with Suite #5. Can anyone help?

DaveT

DaveT

Locality
UK
I had a rummage on Abe Books

Miniature Jazz Suite # 6: Four Movements​

Niehaus, Lennie

Published by Kendor Music Inc., Delevan, New York

GBP 13.45 from Black Sheep Books of Salt Spring Island, BC Canada.
They want to charge a shocking GBP 53.05 for shipping to the UK so you might want to have a little chat with them about that!
Or get a chum in Canada to buy it and post it to you. Unless you are in Canada of course.

It is the only Miniature Jazz Suite Listed.

L

lydian

Locality
USA
My quartet has played a lot of Niehaus, and we’ve never looked at a score. I’m sure you’ll be fine without it. 4 part arrangements aren’t that complex.