NicholasCBV
Member
- Messages
- 12
- Location
- Northampton/London/Glasgow
Hi lovely CafeSax people,
In isolation, I have picked up my alto again for the first time in a good few years (I had put it on the side to focus on singing opera, but that’s a longer story) and after blowing for a couple of months, I have well and truly fallen in love with it again and have decided I want more horns.
I’d quite like a tenor and have spent a good few weeks weighing up different options. I don’t have a big budget, but I’ve found two used saxes which hopefully will tie me over for a few years. The first is an Elkhart Deluxe early 2000s, the second is a Trevor James Signature which I imagine is around the same age.
I’ll probably always be a hobby player, but I guess as my first tenor, I’m looking for a horn I can grow into and has decent enough build quality to last.
Any advice gratefully and warmly received!
Best wishes,
Nick
In isolation, I have picked up my alto again for the first time in a good few years (I had put it on the side to focus on singing opera, but that’s a longer story) and after blowing for a couple of months, I have well and truly fallen in love with it again and have decided I want more horns.
I’d quite like a tenor and have spent a good few weeks weighing up different options. I don’t have a big budget, but I’ve found two used saxes which hopefully will tie me over for a few years. The first is an Elkhart Deluxe early 2000s, the second is a Trevor James Signature which I imagine is around the same age.
I’ll probably always be a hobby player, but I guess as my first tenor, I’m looking for a horn I can grow into and has decent enough build quality to last.
Any advice gratefully and warmly received!
Best wishes,
Nick


!