Tutorials

What should a beginner buy? Decision time - Any advice?

Which one should I go for?

• Elkhart Deluxe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tenorviol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Great to see you got what you wanted! I love the Clarinet, and am on the look out for another 1! (proper wooden one this time)
Ive just bought a Keyboard "for my Daughter" and am picking up musically where i left off years ago!
Nearly took the plunge and bought a Violin the other day but when i picked it up, it didnt feel right!
The seller was surprised to see a heavily tattoo'd guy with a shaved head turn up and know what he was talking about haha.
You need a cello, much more comfortable to play... I have a spare one...

tenorviol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Never tried one!!!! Might end up trying it at some stage too!

I love music and love to challenge myself to play more!!!!
Well, it's a decent Chinese instrument made by a single luthier - a Jay Haide based on the Montagnana model shape, so slightly wider in the lower bouts than a Stradivarius model. It's not going anywhere...

Last edited:

ellinas

My advice is to buy a nice yts-23 .... I think it's an awesome modern horn. And quite cheap. Very very very balanced. And finally like a white canvas. Great if you re not into the vintage fatness sound.

I have great respect to a well adjusted 23 and the first gen 62. Phenomenal saxophones.

But I like the vintage vibe of some saxophones and ended with vintage ones :). Still to date early 80s Yamahas are the perfect modern horn for me.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom