All profit supporting   special needs music

co-operatively owned pub

Young Col

Young Col

Locality
Coulsdon, London/Surrey
Except....that there are suggestions that the area known as Nunhead is named after the Nun's Head Inn, dating from the 18thC, itself commemorating the beheading of a nun during the dissolution of the monasteries, although there is no substantiation for that suggestion.

Ivan

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
Except....that there are suggestions that the area known as Nunhead is named after the Nun's Head Inn, dating from the 18thC, itself commemorating the beheading of a nun during the dissolution of the monasteries, although there is no substantiation for that suggestion.

That's more like it...

I've nothing against nuns per se but your story is more fun

Last edited by a moderator:
old git

old git

Tremendous Bore
Locality
The Palm Tree strewn Wandle Surf Beach under the o

A little bit further west is one of the many One Tree Hills. Needless to say, there are multiple tall vegetative growths. This is on the Honor Oak/Nunhead border. A possible connection? Was going to add it did not spread to HOGS girls but Jeanette would probably kill me,. so I wont.>:)

Jeanette

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Was going to add it did not spread to HOGS girls but Jeanette would probably kill me,. so I wont.>:)

Hmmmm you just did, be afraid be very afraid >:)

Jx

Andrew Sanders

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Locality
Ilkley West Yorkshire
old git

old git

Tremendous Bore
Locality
The Palm Tree strewn Wandle Surf Beach under the o
That's great news! There's a video about the pub too at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y4v2iLQIhM&list=PLx2QMoA1Th9eaBL5Dn0LJTSBrzd_r4EYL&index=9 which includes a picture of Dave Hammer's band.
Mrs YC and I will try to get along on Sunday. OG threatens to as well, but any hint of trouble, like him trying to sit in on tenor banjo, and we disown him.

Tenor Banjo, nothing.

Melodeon and the full Border Morris Team and taking over. Don't mess with these boys, they carry big sticks and know how to use them.

Real British Culture. Well maybe Moorish. Well from somewhere, anyway..

Colin the Bear

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
I've just done the google thing and it's 245 miles , four and a half hours, each way and about £80 in petrol so....maybe later.

BigMartin

BigMartin

Locality
Manchester, UK
What about transubstantiation?

Colin the Bear

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Is that one of them black estate cars with a long box in the back?

Young Col

Young Col

Locality
Coulsdon, London/Surrey
I thought it was to do with catalytic conversion.

Young Col

Young Col

Locality
Coulsdon, London/Surrey
Whenever I arrive at my music tutor's house her black cat materialises in the front garden and goes in with me. Curious thing is that it goes out via the kitchen cat flap.

aldevis

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
Whenever I arrive at my music tutor's house her black cat materialises in the front garden and goes in with me. Curious thing is that it goes out via the kitchen cat flap.

That cat is a she and still heartbroken because of Targa. From whom she contracted Cathartic Conversation (see post #35).

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom