All profit supporting   special needs music

co-operatively owned pub

Young Col

Young Col

Locality
Coulsdon, London/Surrey
Still hoping we can get there today, if we can get everything tied down in the garden before the storm.

aldevis

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
Still hoping we can get there today, if we can get everything tied down in the garden before the storm.
It has been a pleasure seeing Young Col and G9off (that does not look like his avatar) today.
An incredible amount of noisy children affected my communication skills during the break, so we ended up talking of mouthpieces. The ladies seemed unimpressed by the subject.

Unconfirmed rumours that Old Git allegedly attacked the bouncers because of a split infinitive and got banned, started circulating during the second set.

Young Col

Young Col

Locality
Coulsdon, London/Surrey
Well we did get there and it was great to see Geoff and Mrs C9off as well. A great little big band with some nice tight arrangements, led demonstratively by Dave Hammer (is that really a co-incidence that a vibes player is called Hammer? Just like I had a school music teacher called Fiddler and Duke Ellington's first piano teacher was Mrs Clinkscales...). Aldevis and other soloists on fine form. Also good to hear a female singer hold her own with a big band, even if she had to do her best not be distracted by the Pa Larkin lookalike trying to dance round her.

It's certainly an unusual venue. Very 1930s decor still, a good selection of fine ales and wines and a nice Sunday roast. Obviously very quickly become a Sunday meeting for lots of local families. Don't think I've ever seen so many children in a pub, but all well behaved and everyone was very friendly. A worthy Angel Award winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Young Col

Young Col

Locality
Coulsdon, London/Surrey
My post crossed with yours Aldevis! But that was a beautifully made metal mpc and lig!

Targa

Targa

Among the pigeons
Locality
KIC 8462852
Whenever I arrive at my music tutor's house her black cat materialises in the front garden and goes in with me. Curious thing is that it goes out via the kitchen cat flap.

That cat is a she and still heartbroken because of Targa. From whom she contracted Cathartic Conversation (see post #35).

I usually get a lady in a flap then out of the door.

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom