support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Camden Sax Band (moved

Yup, that’ll do it, when it opens. TCR is very flashy these days I understand, all the good bits have been pulled down and replaced with shops and restaurants.

Yup, that’ll do it, when it opens. TCR is very flashy these days I understand, all the good bits have been pulled down and replaced with shops and restaurants.
I know! I used to work near there, but hadn't been for ages... On a flying visit this year I came out of the station and was completely lost! Thought I was in Lego land.

@eb424 you could try Richmond Jazz school, they do a series of courses on Saturday from beginner to advanced. The makeup of the band depends upon who signs up so you may or may not have a full rhythm section although you will certainly have saxophones. Try the beginners group here Jazz Ensemble 1. Make sure you don’t get sent to the Jazz Performance Ensemble, different beastie, reading definitely needed, and not what you want.

If you're interested I would call and see if you can drop in as an observer and get a sense of whether it's what you want or not. I think this term runs for another 5-6 weeks. I've attended a couple of these over the years, Julian Costello does a good course at different levels but that's on Wednesday so probably no good for you though you could probably find one to fit you if you can make it.

I haven't any experience of the beginners on Saturday but have attended the advanced and they work you hard and you learn things you didn't know you needed. Plus you get to play as an ensemble. The teachers are all working musicians. Just a thought as it's a lot closer to you than Chalk Farm and they have parking. I think they also do a Summer School if you're feeling brave.

Last edited:
@eb424 you could try Richmond Jazz school, they do a series of courses on Saturday from beginner to advanced. The makeup of the band depends upon who signs up so you may or may not have a full rhythm section although you will certainly have saxophones. Try the beginners group here Jazz Ensemble 1. Make sure you don’t get sent to the Jazz Performance Ensemble, different beastie, reading definitely needed, and not what you want.

If you're interested I would call and see if you can drop in as an observer and get a sense of whether it's what you want or not. I think this term runs for another 5-6 weeks. I've attended a couple of these over the years, Julian Costello does a good course at different levels but that's on Wednesday so probably no good for you though you could probably find one to fit you if you can make it.

I haven't any experience of the beginners on Saturday but have attended the advanced and they work you hard and you learn things you didn't know you needed. Plus you get to play as an ensemble. The teachers are all working musicians. Just a thought as it's a lot closer to you than Chalk Farm and they have parking. I think they also do a Summer School if you're feeling brave.
thanks a lot @Jimmymack...I shall have a gander it is a lot easier to get to...I could do Weds evenings thanks for the link...Now I have almost finished the building work I think I just have to crack on with it TBF...

Yeah a bit to early re work....I will phone and find out but I think the group might focus me more on the reading.

The office there is a bit vague, they do a lot more then Jazz there, but try them anyway, otherwise just show up some Saturday a bit before 2.30 and ask directions, I think the teacher is Henry Lowther, who's a friendly guy of the old school, and he will just say ok to you checking it out.