All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
ArtistWorks

CafeSaxophone Photo Competition no.1

jbtsax

Subscriber
Dang. I knew I should have put some old guy behind the sax in my picture. I'll know better next time. :) Congrats Milandro. Your picture was my favorite as well.

Sunray

Dang. I knew I should have put some old guy behind the sax in my picture. I'll know better next time. :) Congrats Milandro. Your picture was my favorite as well.
Well I did JBT and it just didn't help at all ...

Maybe people didn't like heights ... o_O

Last edited:

Jay

Congratulations Milandro :clapping:
That photo was my favourite too - such an interesting and expressive gentleman, I think you captured that really well :thumb:

milandro

Thanks, Peter is a very good friend of mine. One of the people who plays in this community band where I have been playing for the last 8 years.

milandro

Well, Peter is 75 years young friend of mine.

.......a retired radiologist with a passion for music in general and for Jazz in particular. He is the son of an Hungarian violinist and a Dutch-Indonesian mother. He is a very enthusiastic amateur like myself and although he has been playing saxophone for only few years he participates to many jam sessions and is currently playing in a band where they have two tenors.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Well, Peter is 75 years young friend of mine.

.......a retired radiologist with a passion for music in general and for Jazz in particular. He is the son of an Hungarian violinist and a Dutch-Indonesian mother. He is a very enthusiastic amateur like myself and although he has been playing saxophone for only few years he participates to many jam sessions and is currently playing in a band where they have two tenors.
The greatness of your picture lies in the fact that one could guess such an interesting story.
Not just technique...

milandro

Thanks Aldevis. Much appreciated.

Well, there is certainly a story behind Peter’s picture ( and much more to the person but this is not the place to talk about it) but there is a story also behind the photographer.

I have been a keen portraitist for some time during my career as professional photographer and photography teacher.
I have to honestly admit that this previous experience put me at an advantage over other members .

On the other hand, I have abandoned professional photography several years ago ( ......and that is a really long story!) and no longer define my life around it.

SaxoFREAK

saX on the bEaCH..
Is there no chance of making this a regular event? Correct me if I'm wrong but this seems to have been a one off, what a shame!

SaxoFREAK

saX on the bEaCH..
Excellent, I'm a keen photographer and i"m about to start a little photo project on my new sax..

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom