All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
ArtistWorks

CafeSaxophone Photo Competition no.1

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
Pictures are archived here

Entries and voting now closed, winner announced here

Now that we have the media gallery, what better way to celebrate than have a photo competition. Rules are simple:

• 1 x photo per person
  • Must be your own photo, to which you have the rights to publish (e.g. if there is another person in it they should have consented)
  • Picture of saxophone, or related to saxophone
  • Upload your photo to the Photo Contest 2014 album (See link under Vids & Pics tab in Top menu)
  • Closing date for entries Nov 21 at 12:00 GMT
  • Start voting after that date.
  • Winner is photo with highest rating by Dec 2 13:00 GMT
To vote, use the star system of ratings please. You can rate more than one photo.

I was going to make it a limit of three , but I don't think that will work as it might take ages sorting out if people voted for more, so until we get more sophisticated completion software I think it makes sense to just rate pics, I suggest three is a good number but no problem if you rate a couple more or less.

It's all a bit experimental at the moment

Prize is Christmas goody bag of 10 "Snowy Rollins" Christmas CDs and 20 Christmas Card

Last edited:

BigMartin

No restrictions as to subject matter? (Within the bounds of good taste, obviously).

OP
Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
I'm not sure how this is going to work, I suggest people hold off voting until all photos are there.

spike

Old Indian
Subscriber
We'll get used to it I guess o_O I'm still messin' about or should I say floundering :(

OP
Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Yes, I'm not quite sure how the competition is going to work, still, one way to find out is to do it. I'm still finding my way round it all but it seems to work quite well.

spike

Old Indian
Subscriber
Okay hold off rating until Nov 21 - 12:00 GMT - then I'll revenge with 5 stars for the bazzin' tie in "One night in Chicago" :rofl:

OP
Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Okay hold off rating until Nov 21 - 12:00 GMT - then I'll revenge with 5 stars for the bazzin' tie in "One night in Chicago" :rofl:
You can rate that now, it's not in the photo contest.

spike

Old Indian
Subscriber
Okay - where d'ja get that tie? Good idea for a future contest - "Most outrageous tie collection"
Now whatever happened to my powder blue teddy bear jacket ?

OP
Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Only 4 entries so far? We have some great pics uploaded to the various albums but is everyone scared of entering them in the contest?

Juju

I tried to upload one, but I couldn't get it in that folder, I would have to create another album?

OP
Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
It was a bug in the software, not human error, honest!

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom