support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Another returnee...

tengu01

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been on this forum regularly and saw the last thread of a returnee and thought I'd make one of my own. It's been a while since my busking round the world days and I'm considering a new lease of saxophone life. Working on the theory that if I actually followed some of the advice I'd been given I picked up the saxophone, I might get considerably better as a player, I'm going back to basics.

What does that mean? It means taking a more conscious approach to my playing. Learning the chords that make up the tunes, so I can navigate them with a little more skill than my traditional approach of only playing by ear. Learn a song properly, go to a jam session, try to avoid the finger flapping "play-every-note-that-fits-as-you-hear-it-and-breathe-a-sigh-of-relief-if-you-don't-hit-too-many-bum-notes-by-the-end-of-the-solo" approach.

Glad to see that some old familiars are here, as well as new folk making their way to this treasure chest of saxophonic goodies!

Cheers everyone!

Welcome back to the fold :) you do realise times have changed and you now need a letter from CaSLM to vacate the forum (just a word of advice or is that warning ?)

Oh noooooooooooooo! I'm going to have to actually join up and pay my dues before I can duck out again, just because I enjoy announcing myself on the doorbell so much. Hard times!!!

Back
Top Bottom