World Cup 2018

saxyjt

Or some other option???
Any chance you could sail away to watch the game offshore and not come back before dust settles after the match?

Where are you currently hiding in Croatia? I sailed through the islands a very long time ago and we had a great time. No football to disturb our peaceful journey then...

PS: France just won against Belgium. The match was intense. Now I hear a curious kind of humming noise outside from cars honking away...

saxyjt

In july 1982, I was sailing somewhere between Italy, Corsica and France in very mild wind and sea conditions when we witnessed a few distress flares a few miles behind us.

We were in a race and I don't think any of us realized what it was about. Italy had just won the world cup! :eek:

PS: Firing distress flares without a real distress situation is of course strictly forbidden.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Cafe Moderator
So here I am, in Croatia on me hols, and it's England v. Croatia tomorrow

What would you advise I do?

• Sit out of sight in holiday digs watching match on Croatian telly
• Go to local bar, support England
• Go to local bar, remain neutral
• Go to local bar, jump with joy at Croatian goal(s)

Or some other option???
Didn't bother this England supporter in a Colombian bar

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZCMApQk0BY

Last edited:

rhysonsax

I dreamt about the England match last night and woke up just after Croatia scored - there was a massive punch-up going on in the goalmouth afterwards, but strangely it was Joe Hart there for England ....

I'm concerned about the quality of the Croatian midfield and the lack of creativity from their England counterparts.

Not long to go now ...

Rhys

saxyjt

I hope you have a good match tonight!

The Muscovites crowd should root for England... I guess!

And for those in Croatia tonight... good luck and try not to get into trouble!

Guenne

Disgusted. They had to beat the Croatians and the ref.
Disappointed. As a neutral observer I hoped that England would stop them.
The first goal was ok in my opinion.
Well, losing the final will hurt them much more.
Allez les bleus, will be great to celebrate the 14th of July (it's also my birthday) and the 15th of July!

rhysonsax

Disgusted. They had to beat the Croatians and the ref.
I didn't see much wrong with the ref. I thought that Croatia had worked out that the "ball-playing England defenders" wouldn't be so comfortable when put under pressure. A lot of the time the England goalkeeper was reduced to just hoofing the ball up the pitch.

In retrospect, a good tournament for England and several players took big strides forward.

The 3rd/4th playoff on Saturday could be an ordeal. I wonder whether Southgate will give squad players a start.

Rhys

spike

Old Indian
Subscriber
England lost momentum as soon as they scored
Has often been the case. The team that scored in the first half were not able to carry the momentum into the rest of the game.
All the same it was a Great game. First goal was "Gigantic". Chapeau England :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
No time for tears and sorrow the lads did us proud !!!
Allez Les Bloozers and the England vs. Belgium game is yet to come. The ball is round :cool:

Top Bottom