PPT mouthpieces

Woodwind workshop, Johnny Roadhouse - Manchester?

Richard10002

Locality
Manchester
Hi,
id like to take my new, (2nd hand), alto for some kind of overhaul or service. I live in Manchester, so the workshop at Johnny Roadhouse would be handy. Has anybody used it? Can you recommend?

Many Thanks,

Richard

I don't know about JR but have been very happy with the work I've had done by Steve Shaw:

http://www.cheshirewoodwindltd.co.uk/

It's only fair to point out, though, that he's the only sax tech I've been to. I've had some dubious clarinet repair experiences in the distant past, though, so I'm not speaking from complete inexperience. Hope that helps.

Johnny Roadhouse has a mixed bag here. Some good some bad.

Up to date first hand feedback on the repairer is really useful for any job like this.

I've taken two altos there, the first was a complete repad and came back playing superbly. The second went for a service and was returned having had a couple of pads replaced but in an almost unplayable state which I didn't find out for some months due to illness. I would never go there again and only use Woodwind Exchange in Bradford now.
O.C.V.

You could also try Alan Gregory Music on Moseley Road, Fallowfield. I had my last service done there, and it was excellent.

Tom is no longer at Alan Gregory's, moved on to a shop in "Bingley"

Chris..