support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Wine

Christmas wine 2019. Here's what was consumed here over the immediate Christmas period.
Christmas 2019.JPG

The Macon was an excellent accompaniment to cod loin on Christmas Eve, Traditional turkey and all that goes with it is strong enough to take a red wine, so the St Emillion grand cru and the Fleurie were for Christmas day and Boxing day respectively. Both superb, although the latter was a fraction more peppery than we expected. Sauternes (ch Suduiraut this year) is our usual choice to go with rich Christmas pudding and mince pies.

None of us (me, Mrs YC and our sons - visiting from Germany) are methode champenoise drinkers - unless it's very good most champagne, cava, prosecco... seems to rely on expectation rather than actual delivery - so as a New Year's toast we had a very smooth Sancerre (Les Marennes).

Very satisfying all round!

Christmas wine 2019. Here's what was consumed here over the immediate Christmas period. View attachment 13855

The Macon was an excellent accompaniment to cod loin on Christmas Eve, Traditional turkey and all that goes with it is strong enough to take a red wine, so the St Emillion grand cru and the Fleurie were for Christmas day and Boxing day respectively. Both superb, although the latter was a fraction more peppery than we expected. Sauternes (ch Suduiraut this year) is our usual choice to go with rich Christmas pudding and mince pies.

None of us (me, Mrs YC and our sons - visiting from Germany) are methode champenoise drinkers - unless it's very good most champagne, cava, prosecco... seems to rely on expectation rather than actual delivery - so as a New Year's toast we had a very smooth Sancerre (Les Marennes).

Very satisfying all round!
Have to agree about fizz - it needs to be good. Some of the Aussie and NZ ones are quite reasonable for about £12 a bottle. Champagne proper is a minefield as the standard stuff (e.g. Moet) is tbh just over-priced and extremely inconsistent. Once or twice I have had the chance to try some of the more expensive stuff (£100 mark), and whilst I would never pay that much for one myself, it was rather nice.

Once or twice I have had the chance to try some of the more expensive stuff (£100 mark), and whilst I would never pay that much for one myself, it was rather nice.

The only Champagne I've ever drunk that wasn't nasty was Dom Perignon. Although it was undeniably nicer than a ten quid bottle of prosecco, it wasn't really £110 better.

I would have it again, though. ;)

My local wine store is closed! I tried calling them to find out if they changed their opening hours during the confinement period, but no answer... Our stock is dangerously low!

What are we gonna do when we run out of wine? THAT'S terrible!

I looked at Amazon, but they have a very limited offer. I'm not that desperate yet... But tomorrow I have to go and look for another source. I can't live with the prospect of not having a decent wine for diner. :eek:

Before we opened the malbec we opened a bottle of this to celebrate.
IMG-20200329-WA0014.jpeg

This was a gift when we moved house last June but never got around to opening it. I did leave a couple of glasses with some good friends who live down the road, they left glasses out for filling!!

I do like Lanson and hadn't tried the white label before, very nice.

Jx

Recently the local Monoprix had a decent Zin at under 9£. We kept going back and have a bottle or two left for the truffle pizza they have. Love Zin.

My birthday celebrations were very restricted yesterday but this went down very well with a beef stroganoff :)

View attachment 14336

View attachment 14337
Jx

Happy Birthday!!
I haven't tried this one, but I love Malbec.
Due to apocalypse, I did not purchase any of my favorite wines. I filled the wagon with gallons of the ultra-cheap stuff.
Happy Birthday!

Back
Top Bottom