Tutorials

Wine

randulo

Playing alto 2 ⅓ years
Subscriber
Recently the local Monoprix had a decent Zin at under 9£. We kept going back and have a bottle or two left for the truffle pizza they have. Love Zin.

CliveMA

I am partial to Spain's Barbadillo Pedro Ximenez Sherry (I call it Port). Lush raisin flavours, richly sweet.

Junmai Sake, too. Perfect with all Asian food. (My wife is Malaysian and we eat Asian food every day). I like Sake both hot and cold (Yes, even at the same time!) and prefer Junmai style.

Canadian Ice Wine. Best served at Niagara Falls. Very hard to get in Australia.

Various Dessert wines although I don't have them for dessert but rather for any time! These are my Australian substitutes for Ice Wine.

Oh and someone pass the chocolate, preferably Cadbury's Jamaica Rum dark chocolate. :p

tenorviol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
The Pedro Ximenez is very sweet in the manner of a dessert wine. Eiswein is in general difficult to find due to it being both rare (due to how it's made) and inevitably expensive. Something like a half-bottle of German or Austrian eiswein will be at least £30 in the UK.

German trockenbeerenauslese aka TBA is my preferred dessert wine, but it's very expensive, so I usually opt for the much cheaper Aussie ones, some of which are very good.

randulo

Playing alto 2 ⅓ years
Subscriber
Have any of you had Grüner Veltliner? It's very nice with Asian food. Occasionally, I'll see it at an affordable price in the supermarket.

An article by Jancis Robinson explains it better:

tenorviol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
I toured three wineries on my recent trip to Waiheke Island in New Zealand. It was interesting that one vineyard would grow so many varieties of grape. Mudbrick for example has Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Petit Verdot, Merlot, Tempranillo, and Cabernet Franc for its reds, and Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, and Viognier for white.

I found I enjoyed the Pinot Gris wines a lot.

CC6514DB-7E32-4311-9672-ABFC54DB762F.jpeg

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom