support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces Why are Guardala Mouthpieces so cheap

Greetings fellow EWI owner

Part of the reason is VAT of course but apart from that there are many things, books, software, etc which you can check out on the .com and .co.uk versions of (for example) Amazon and it's not at all uncommon for goods to be quoted in the same amount of dollars as pounds sterling - it does make you wonder why. For example when you could buy Photoshop as a programme you couldn't buy it from America and pay the VAT - you were forced to buy it in the UK for a much higher price.

Slightly off topic - I often buy mp3 downloads from Amazon and it is surprising how often it is cheaper to buy a CD from themrather than the download version.

when i got my MB2 it was $299 to buy from WWBW but when tax and shipping added (to my place in Poland) it cost $440, if i had it shipped to my place in Norway then it would be a lot more, probably closer to $640, sick huh, cos some greedy tax here (Norway is a greedy tax rip off country a lot more than the u.k, but that's another story, so sick) so all in all it works out the same as if buying or selling in the U.K

Last edited by a moderator:
Norway is a greedy tax rip off country a lot more than the u.k, but that's another story, so sick) so all in all it works out the same as if buying or selling in the U.K

Differences in taxation in various countries is understandable but so often the price increase goes much further than being adjusted by different tax rates. Then of course we have (frequently) rip off postal charges to deal with, where rates charged bear absolutely no relation to carriage and packaging charges.

well, apart from the 20% VAT (which is also charged on the shipping costs), there's often a distributor and retailer involved in the food chain and they'd also like to make a profit...
I did once see something that was made in the UK cheaper on an American website, so you do wonder how much mark up there is in this country..

There are lots of variables that can affect the price - shipping costs, taxes, duties, mark-ups along the way. As an example: a bottle of basic Australian red would cost you HK$75 in Hong Kong; here in Indonesia - HK$400 if you're not careful!

But, I've noticed over many years - and not just for sax gear - one key difference between the UK and the US; the US is a lot more competitive - so generally speaking (and I know it's not always true) - prices and service are a lot better.

But of course! There are many ways to skin a cat! Working for an American company over here has some perks especially when it comes to shipping and people travellin over to see me! Also picking upi some stuff that I left there eight years ago!!!

But of course! There are many ways to skin a cat! Working for an American company over here has some perks especially when it comes to shipping...

Aha!...

I'm seeing docks with wooden crates
With empty spaces, sax'phone shaped.
I'll help to maximize your shipment
For a modest reimbursement?

You see, my friend, I've been a playing
Not the sax, but at eBaying.
And soon I'll have some vintage horn
Over the sea, feeling forlorn.

The two of us must be united,
But the cost of being flighted
Mostly overcomes the urge