All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Where has the humour gone?

randulo

Living the dream
Café Supporter
In his book, "Brit of Habeus Corpus", the definitive work from thought leader Izzak Rock, Ph.D, the author notes several reasons why humor is not universal. Unfortunately, the work is long out of print.
It's definitely possible to calculate a negative pH value. But on the other hand, whether or not an acid actually has a negative pH value isn't something you can verify very well in the lab.
After the work was published, Rock lost the D(octor) part and was only able to retain the Ph.

squeak

A while ago a colleague came up to me, all smiles, with the table below and says "look what I found. It's crazy. You don't really speak like that do you?!"
To which I, of course, replied, "no, of course not"....

english031017.gif
Spot on and yet the English continue undeterred to communicate with the non-English like this irrespective of the consequences.

English monk to Viking: "I am a tad disappointed with your manners."
Viking to self after smashing the skull of English monk: "He had a point. I should stop flossing teeth in public."

Also, while the non-English generally may communicate in a less obtuse fashions, it should not be misconstrued as taking everything they say seriously (not to mention what they don't say).

Mustached guy with funny gesture: "Oh no, we would never savage the planet."
English Prime Minister: "Peace in our time!"

eb424

hey @nigeld I don't know if you wanted a run of jokes or more light hearted posts relevant to sax... think everyones a bit off at the moment or maybe thats just my posts...lol anyhoo

and egg and a sausage in a frying pan the sausage turns to the egg and says fickin hot in here innit... the egg turns round and says.... fick me a talking sausage....

Am I to far off topic.... I'm off to buy another mouthpiece...

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Café Saxophone seems to have become rather serious, and less fun, recently.
Maybe other people prefer it this way, but I miss the off-topic riffs and humour.
In fact, I’m beginning to get bored.
It's a fine balance keeping everyone happy, the dynamics change as members come and go.

I'm not sure what the answer is, I guess some of us don't have as much to say what with lockdowns etc.
Hopefully a change for the better is closer...

Jx

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
How dairy do that. Someone did that to me too with some French cheese, he missed and hit the wall behind me, but I was hit by some de brie. I've heard of some similar attacks in Wales too, so tread Caerphilly everyone.
It's Emmental my dear Watson, leave it to the café members in Cheshire, we are quite Gouda at finding mystery cheese menaces. Now pass the port please :)

Jx

squeak

Perhaps there is less humor now than there was in the past, but I think you guys are doing a pretty good job anyway. And there is never less insanity. It is seems inextricable from the passion for saxophones and the music the devil's horn makes.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Hey you guys are supposed to be sax men,
We want a cutting contest on the band stand in the town square at sunset.
What about midnight behind the Discalced Carmelites Convent?
They made vow of silence and cannot complain for the music.

Targa

Among the pigeons
Café Supporter
What about midnight behind the Discalced Carmelites Convent?
They made vow of silence and cannot complain for the music.
They could throw leerdammer, emmental and jarlsberg as an attempt to exclaim 'holey cheeses'!

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom