support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Where Does All The Money Go?

:old: I spent some time recently viewing quite a few You Tube videos such as this one [Linky Thingy] and many others that are shown in the sidebar ...

Its really great to see the sheer joy that this kind of charitable funding can bring to so many peoples lives ...

:clapping: Fantastic job Pete ... [You deserve a gong for your marvellous gifts].

PS - I must buy some more stuff from your shop ...

I have worked in a Special School for the last 13 years: the children have severe learning difficulties/physical and life limiting disabilities or severe autism. And no funds. Music reaches the children in a way that nothing else does and it is wonderful to hear that similar schools have benefitted.
We recently raised the funds to bring a wind quartet into school.My class are young..aged 6-8 and have severe disabilities. We didn't know how they would react, or cope. Watching one little lad bounce up and down (and flap) to the music, standing a foot away from the player, was just tear jerking..and I'm tough as old boots.
Charitable funding makes HUGE difference to such kids.

This is amazing work you're doing. Thank you.

After reading these, and taking a moment to think about how enjoyable I've been finding the SOTM/BOTM threads, and the useful info I've got from all the helpful cafe members, I've become a subscriber. I hope others will consider doing the same.

We have donated £2000 to Springwell (details of what they did with it to come) and have earmarked £5000 from this year's fundraising for Staing Up late (Gig Buddies).

This brings our total donations this year to £12,000

Springwell have used the money to finance workshops with Ignacio form Team | soco

(Follow the link and Ignacio is half way down)

Also some info from Springwell about Ignacio:

Ignacio Agrimbau (from SOCO music) to work with each class for a ½ term for half a day (an afternoon).

Ignacio would begin by leading the first 3 sessions showing the Class Teacher his techniques in music teaching for complex students. Ignacio would talk after the lesson to the teacher about how they think the lesson had been and talk about the following lesson. After 3 sessions, they would discuss team teaching and then move to the teacher teaching the lesson with Ignacio helping and guiding. By the end of the 6 weeks, the teachers have more confidence to teach on their own.

For ½ hour at the end Ignacio would teach the teacher how to teach using musical intensive interaction. The teacher agrees which children would benefit most and then works through how to bring out interaction, communication and confidence skills with the teacher.
I'm going to Springwell on Friday to visit and see Ignacio at work, plus do the big check presentation.

(Any cafe members who want to come along please let me know, I will see if that will be possible. Fri morning at 11:00)

Very brave in this weather, but I really wouldn't recommend coming all the way from Manchester for what is likely to be a very short and low key event. I was really only suggesting it for anyone local, I'd be feeling guilty inviting anyone from afar. I'm having to curtail my visit a bit as it is due to having to be somewhere else at more or less the same time.