support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

What have you been offered while busking?

You better watch your "Self Talk"..
I booked a three hour father's day special event . On June 16th, meet me at The Legacy Ballroom in The Woodlands Texas. Bring your saxophone, because I'm confident you can rock the world!!
Can you sing too???

That's a great vote of confidence. Thank you very much. As to singing, that is a skill I absolutely do not possess. It's why I play a wind instrument. ;)

I don't think you're ready to play in public yet. Two hours is a very long time to endure a beginner showing their lack of skill. The food and drink were to suggest you should do something else with your mouth.

People standing on street corners making a vaguely musical noise on a very loud instrument to people who have done nothing to deserve it can alienate the public and local traders. It can attract the Police as a public nuisance and encourage the council to pass bylaws to prohibit the practice.

The Queen of Egypt taught me an invaluable lesson... There is no wrong way to volunteer at the burn center, praise XXX, kiss the person that you absolutely adore, or busk on street corner. We can always sharpen the knife, but there is no wrong way to eat the steak.

I don't like buskers good, bad or indifferent, they take up space on the pavements and and 'force' people to hear their taste in music and be unable to hear anything else sometimes for quite a distance.
That said Chris you are far enough away for me not to hear you so carry on and remember to add the money to your tax return which you will of course be filling in honestly.
Colin will also be able to give you advice on that!

Everyone will have a opinion,but colin the bear I think is harsh,chris has come along well,he had the courage to get out and put his self on the line,he will only get better,everyone has a starting point...keep going chris.:sax:

Everyone will have a opinion,but colin the bear I think is harsh,chris has come along well,he had the courage to get out and put his self on the line,he will only get better,everyone has a starting point...keep going chris.:sax:
Thanks @BUMNOTE . I thought one of the goals of this forum was to support and encourage all saxophone players, regardless of their level of ability.
I love encouraging others, and I think most other people in the forum do too.
Thank you for your support. ☺

I'm encouraging the youth next door to take his driving to the next level. He's bought a beat up scooby and has been told how to work the pedals. He's not progressed to the licence stage or had many lessons and insurance is beyond his means at the moment but I said what the hey...If you enjoy it , get out there :)

there is no wrong way to eat the steak.
Licking the thin side of the knife. Putting the steak in the wrong orifice. Unspecified species of meat turns out to be Homo Sapiens. Aren't we supposed to be going vegan anyway?

Are you saying that he isn’t? If so, why? I’m interested to know.
Depends on the description of a ‘musician’ !
I’ve not looked at the dictionary yet, but my perception of a musician is one who can play/sing/perform to a high standard !
Playing for me is a hobby, i’d never class myself as a musician, that’s just my view.

Are you saying that he isn’t? If so, why? I’m interested to know.

I'll give you RCA's definition of a musician and professional musician...
If you play an instrument, you are a musician (ability level is irrelevant). That includes the people that call themselves just a "hobbyist"...
If a company, client, or vendor pays you for rendering a service (playing music), you are a professional musician (part time or full time).

forum rules prohibit me from giving precise details of what I was once offered by a 'lady of questionable virtue' but suffice to say I'd not made enough money to get involved in such activities...
I need to go busking :cool:
According to my rudimentary analysis, busking appears to be the world's second oldest profession. ;)

Well i never, I’m a musician or could i be an instrumentalist ;)

I’m a (instrumentalist) hobbyist musician :cool:
You’ve written about how you regard yourself Trimmy, in relation to the question which I addressed to Colin. It’s all very well, but it doesn’t answer why Chris is not qualified to speak the phrase “to grow as a musician” and Colin’s reply was downright rude and unjustified, I thought :) and that’s why I decided to question it. Chris is a musician and he will “grow, as a musician” too. He’s also graced with a sweet, kind, generous and humble personality.

I enjoyed your video @Chris Smith UK as I have enjoyed all of the videos you’ve posted since you started.

what have we been offered while busking...

wedding gigs
musical festival gigs
boat show gigs
a fight

what have we received...

£20 notes (always surprises me!)
a box of doughnuts and pastries
a free round of coffees/milkshakes from a local cafe
old pound coins/euros
spontaneous dancing

As a listener...if a busker is good enough/unusual enough for me to stop and listen/watch then I'll always give them some money.

You’ve written about how you regard yourself Trimmy, in relation to the question which I addressed to Colin. It’s all very well, but it doesn’t answer why Chris is not qualified to speak the phrase “to grow as a musician” and Colin’s reply was downright rude and unjustified, I thought :) and that’s why I decided to question it. Chris is a musician and he will “grow, as a musician” too. He’s also graced with a sweet, kind, generous and humble personality.

I enjoyed your video @Chris Smith UK as I have enjoyed all of the videos you’ve posted since you started.

Hear hear @Alice I had the pleasure of briefly meeting Chris a few weeks back. A great enthusiast for his instrument and a good guy.