support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

What do you sound like?

half diminished

Locality
Buckinghamshire
Lets hear ya!

I posted a couple of sound files a while back and am looking to do some more shortly. Let's hear what you sound like then........ :w00t:

I would love to do this but I don't have a microphone at the moment.

Do I go for a usb mic like the one you got or do i go for a zoom

decisions decisions:confused:

mamos

Where did you post them? The sound clip forum isn't active yet?

Anyway, I was recording myself practicing to a simple Aebersold the other day
Here it is: http://www.reverbnation.com/leehayden

It's the second track, not the first (which is a little tune I wrote a while back which I'm currently developing).

i would love to add some but i dont think it would be pritty i have mic will have a go somtime in the next 10 yrs or so

If it's okay, I would like to share something I recently did. I'm new here and I'd like to make my acquaintance with sound if that's cool?.

My setup is:
A cheap Simba Tenor sax which I bought on Ebay for $300.
My mouthpiece and ligature is a stock one which came with the Simba.
I use Vandoren Java #3....

CEREAL-ISM...
http://www.soundclick.com/milillo

Thanks....

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's okay, I would like to share something I recently did. I'm new here and I'd like to make my acquaintance with sound if that's cool?.

My setup is:
A cheap Simba Tenor sax which I bought on Ebay for $300.
My mouthpiece and ligature is a stock one which came with the Simba.
I use Vandoren Java #3....

CEREAL-ISM...

Thanks....

Hi. I know your music from Soundclick and have enjoyed it for years now. Nice to hear your latest stuff, I didn't realise you'd become a sax player.

Hi. I know your music from Soundclick and have enjoyed it for years now. Nice to hear your latest stuff, I didn't realise you'd become a sax player.

Hi Mike, and yes I remember you as well. I believe we both participated in a discussion concerning software as opposed to traditional instrumentation.

Thank you!

I've been a sax player for 30 years now and there are times where I don't play for years at a time. I think I'm at a point where I don't want to put it down anymore. I think the fact that I'm teaching myself the flute has a lot to do with it.

Nice to see ya!
Mike

Hi Mike, and yes I remember you as well. I believe we both participated in a discussion concerning software as opposed to traditional instrumentation.

Thank you!

I've been a sax player for 30 years now and there are times where I don't play for years at a time. I think I'm at a point where I don't want to put it down anymore. I think the fact that I'm teaching myself the flute has a lot to do with it.

Nice to see ya!
Mike

When I saw your name I immediately thought of your classical contemporary stuff; "Rubik's Cube" came to mind, for instance. I didn't associate you with jazz, but there's plenty there, I see. I like Cereal-ism.

I only use software as a recording tool now, and Band-in-a-box for practise, but who knows what the future holds?

When I saw your name I immediately thought of your classical contemporary stuff; "Rubik's Cube" came to mind, for instance. I didn't associate you with jazz, but there's plenty there, I see. I like Cereal-ism.

I only use software as a recording tool now, and Band-in-a-box for practise, but who knows what the future holds?

Thanks Mike.
I can never get anyone to play my classical music. At least I have some nice looking scores which I hang on my studio wall. Haha!
Thank God for software....At least the composer these days can hear their work and not have it piled up in a dust collection never to be realized. Although I did have a few played, the majority will never be played.

Right now I'm on a serialism kick and I'm trying it out in the jazz idiom. I have done it in the classical realm....It's not "strict" serialism as the word my typically imply.
I choose to alter that with other types of passing tones, but essentially the meat on the bones are 12 tone rows in the bass lines, theme, and most of the improv.
I've always loved jazz, since my bebop days, but I don't want that type of jazz anymore. I need it to be who I am and not who anyone else may be.
I know you understand what I mean!
Ever since I first heard Eric Dolphy's "Out To Lunch" I realized I want to play the sax in that type of context.

I enjoyed your Soundclick page. Nothing I would call exoteric, which is a good thing. I enjoy anything of an esoteric nature as well.

Right now I'm on a serialism kick and I'm trying it out in the jazz idiom. I have done it in the classical realm....It's not "strict" serialism as the word my typically imply.
I choose to alter that with other types of passing tones, but essentially the meat on the bones are 12 tone rows in the bass lines, theme, and most of the improv.

I got the atonality, but the formality isn't obvious, which I consider a good thing. I always have ideas of composing quite formally, but don't usually have the discipline to stick to it.

I've always loved jazz, since my bebop days, but I don't want that type of jazz anymore. I need it to be who I am and not who anyone else may be.
I know you understand what I mean!
I certainly do!

I enjoyed your Soundclick page. Nothing I would call exoteric, which is a good thing. I enjoy anything of an esoteric nature as well.
Thanks! Exoteric? (pause while I look that up..). OK, fair comment. My music's all written to my own tastes and parameters. That's one of the great freedoms of being an amateur.

I got the atonality, but the formality isn't obvious, which I consider a good thing. I always have ideas of composing quite formally, but don't usually have the discipline to stick to it.

I certainly do!

Thanks! Exoteric? (pause while I look that up..). OK, fair comment. My music's all written to my own tastes and parameters. That's one of the great freedoms of being an amateur.
Sure, but being free in one's playing doesn't necessarily imply amateur.
Or do you meant that simply.... Pro...as in making money...amateur...as in not making money?

I have something new if you so desire to have a listen Mike!

Soggy Cereal

I'm not sure if you're aware of this website.
All things Saxophone - Sax on the Web

You would enjoy it!

Sure, but being free in one's playing doesn't necessarily imply amateur.
Or do you meant that simply.... Pro...as in making money...amateur...as in not making money?

I meant amateur as in doing it for the love of it and not having to satisfy any commercial or other pressures. I certainly don't make any money, so I qualify on both counts!

I have something new if you so desire to have a listen Mike!

Soggy Cereal

I'm not sure if you're aware of this website.
All things Saxophone - Sax on the Web

You would enjoy it!

I will listen to Soggy Cereal later. I visit sax on the Web occasionally, but am not registered as my online time is limited.

Well i have just posted a tune called is you is or is you aint my baby. If anyone wants to have a laugh its in "sound clips thanks tom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...drowning, not waving.

Hi Milillo.
Welcome to the forum, had a listen to your music, very cool stuff, you might be new around here, your not somewhere else though, it's obvious, by your sounds!

We welcome your input!

Cheers & Ciao
Jimu:mrcool