support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Well now, what appears to be the problem here then?

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
:clapping:

Ad says: "There is an issue with the mouth piece where it connects to the rest of the body needs looking at or just a new piece ( as shown in second picture)"

Can anyone spot what it is? "Second picture" under...

:doh:

Is that a ligature at the bottom of the neck, where it would foul the tenon receiver?

Lig stuck to neck

Just another idiot thing I haven't done, yet

This is the type of seller you don't buy from! Hasn't a clue what he's selling or how it fits together, let alone how it plays!

Maybe the crook pipe/spigot joint has broken and they’ve bodged it up using a ligature

I've seen some stupid pictures, usually the neck on backward, but this is a first. This person should not be allowed anywhere a saxophone.

As the late, great Frank Zappa said "People are stupid"...

Greg S.

Must give it a try - looks so Koooool!! Got a spare lig or 2

I wonder if it works better with a metal lig or a fabric one.

Maybe this is how the Klangbogen got invented - somebody did this and thought that the saxophone sounded better.

It looks to me there is a more serious problem being covered here. Look at the angle in the opening of the ligature:

DubiousNeck#1.jpg

Something's wrong! The ligature is just there to cover it up but the neck is damaged. Ain't it?

It looks to me there is a more serious problem being covered here. Look at the angle in the opening of the ligature:

View attachment 11926

Something's wrong! The ligature is just there to cover it up but the neck is damaged. Ain't it?
Good eye. It definitely looks a little off.

The tenon has got separated from the neck. The lig is holding the two together. Maybe not as green as he's cabbage looking.

Fixable though. ;)

This is the type of seller you don't buy from! Hasn't a clue what he's selling or how it fits together, let alone how it plays!
LOL...depends on the price, actually....

Ligature being used to hold on a neck pipe which has partially separated from tenon.

.....hey, y'know...I give that fix an A- for "ingenuity in a pinch"....

Back
Top Bottom