Saxophones Well now, what appears to be the problem here then?

DavidUK

:clapping:

Ad says: "There is an issue with the mouth piece where it connects to the rest of the body needs looking at or just a new piece ( as shown in second picture)"

Can anyone spot what it is? "Second picture" under...

:doh:

GCinCT

Seeker of truth and beauty
Subscriber
I've seen some stupid pictures, usually the neck on backward, but this is a first. This person should not be allowed anywhere a saxophone.

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
As the late, great Frank Zappa said "People are stupid"...
Greg S.
My favourite quote:

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe"
Frank Zappa

nigeld

I think I need a different ligature
Subscriber
Maybe this is how the Klangbogen got invented - somebody did this and thought that the saxophone sounded better.

saxyjt

It looks to me there is a more serious problem being covered here. Look at the angle in the opening of the ligature:

DubiousNeck#1.jpg

Something's wrong! The ligature is just there to cover it up but the neck is damaged. Ain't it?

JayeNM

Formerly JayePDX
This is the type of seller you don't buy from! Hasn't a clue what he's selling or how it fits together, let alone how it plays!
LOL...depends on the price, actually....

Ligature being used to hold on a neck pipe which has partially separated from tenon.

.....hey, y'know...I give that fix an A- for "ingenuity in a pinch"....

Top Bottom