support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Viga Music Tools Intramic - Tenor Sax Medley

I bought one of these back in late August/received it in early September. It has been worth every penny, especially in the loud band I'm in live. It does well as a recording mic too, with the caveat that due to mic positioning being where it is, the upper register can be a whole lot louder than the lower. I've thought about maybe pairing it with another mic off the bell and trying that to get a mix, but haven't yet. I will also say the other thing going for it as a recording mic is the isolation it achieves. Don't have a good room to record in? No problem, this mic takes the room completely out of the equation.

I'm trying to make an internal mic for sax myself. So far it's encouraging but I need some help:
How thick is the cable that goes from the mic to the pre? does it permanently deform the cork?
I'm currently testing with stripped wires (0.5mm) but using a simple flat cable of 0.9mm would be so much easier. I'm just afraid that it will deform the cork...
Where is the mic pointed to?
How is it fixed inside the neck? Could someone pls send a closeup of the fixing gig?
Thanks in advance

Nobody?

In the meantime the mics that I'll test arrived...
IMG_20210228_120339[1].jpg

From the top:
Elcart 14/00145-00 6mm diam, h=5; Freq. 50-10KHz; sensitivity=-46dB; S/N>58dB
Rs Components 771-7014 6mm diam, h=2.2; Freq. 20-20KHz; sensitivity=-40dB; S/N>58dB
Rs Components 724-3131 6mm diam, h=2.7; Freq. 50-16KHz; sensitivity=-41dB; S/N>60dB
Rs Components 780-0734 3mm diam, h=1.5; Freq. 50-16KHz; sensitivity=-44dB; S/N>60dB

Back
Top Bottom