support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

UK Copyright Law changes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20802043

brings it into line with what's allowed in many other countries.

But apparently not others:

But musicians and songwriters complained that they will lose out.
The Musicians' Union and British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors said all other European countries with a similar law also have some form of levy on items like blank CDs and media players to compensate creators.
Musicians' Union general secretary John Smith said: "We feel strongly that the lack of fair compensation will significantly disadvantage creators and performers in relation to the vast majority of their EU counterparts.
"Why would the UK government want to discriminate against its own creators, particularly since the creative economy is one of the consistent areas of economic growth?"

It's a double edged sword. I do agree there should be levies on blank media (I think there used to be on cassettes), as long as the money gets to the right place. ie me :)

It's a double edged sword. I do agree there should be levies on blank media (I think there used to be on cassettes), as long as the money gets to the right place. ie me :)

The idea of the levy on blank media was to compensate for illegal copying. It seems to be fairer, but why should I pay a levy on blank media for my own recordings? And so round and round we go again...

Never heard of a levy on cassettes or reel tape which I was using when I started ignoring the law in 1960 when I bought my first tape recorder.
I couldn't afford records so borrowed my friends' or recorded off the radio.

It does make one feel a little ancient to see technologies come and go. I still have new C90 cassettes in the drawer unopened, a stack of blank CD's is next to them. I threw out all the floppies. I missed the bus with some gig recordings on tape and they've perished. Lesson learnt.