support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Reeds Uh oh! Last one

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
Argh! I went in the box and I'm on my last tenor reed.

Who's quick and cheap for reeds?

Hi Colin,always found Reeds Direct to be very quick,like next day depending on time you order,Bumnote.

http://www.reeds-direct.co.uk/

Those Hartmann synthetic reeds with carbon look interesting.

I tried one. It delaminated and sliced my lip after about an hours playing. I wasn't so bothered about a cut lip, more about the prospect of fragments of carbon fibre (or whatever it really was) being stuck in me. A very, very expensive way to injure myself.

Colin i have a box of Alexander NY you can have consisting of 6x3 strength and 4x2 strength all new and unused, you can have them for £12 inc p&p...they ain't the duff ones left over just that i tried the three's and found them to hard then got the two's and didn't like the tone.

I'm just experimenting with a Hartman fiberreed, must say I'm quite impressed up to now!

I tried one. It delaminated and sliced my lip after about an hours playing. I wasn't so bothered about a cut lip, more about the prospect of fragments of carbon fibre (or whatever it really was) being stuck in me. A very, very expensive way to injure myself.
Now I'm worried that cost me £26 but it's had 10, maybe 12 hours playing on it now without any bother, guess if it does de-laminate Reeds Direct will stand by it surely?

Thats interesting, just done a spell check on my post 7 and it spell checked my post 6, jonf's quote and my post 7! is there a bug in the system i wonder?