support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

track tablature (fingering) from musicXML format

Looking at the images in James post above, I do have a suggestion. Name the notes on the sax. I still think in concert and when a teacher asked me to play a G, I had to count up from D. I found sax fingering charts very hard to read. These images are clear, so that's good. If I was starting to learn the fingerings, I'd have benefitted from the letter name appearing with it. That may have burned the names into my mind, better. I still have to calculate the names in sax terms in my head because, as I said, I think and hear in concert.

Looking at the images in James post above, I do have a suggestion. Name the notes on the sax. I still think in concert and when a teacher asked me to play a G, I had to count up from D. I found sax fingering charts very hard to read. These images are clear, so that's good. If I was starting to learn the fingerings, I'd have benefitted from the letter name appearing with it. That may have burned the names into my mind, better. I still have to calculate the names in sax terms in my head because, as I said, I think and hear in concert.
There is an option in the settings to do that.

Very interesting, especially that text, mathematical symbols and musical symbols seem to be processed differently.

Music looks like maths ...but it isn't.
5 symbols for 7 notes.
A second plus a second is a third.
A fifth plus a fourth is an eighth, or half of what you started with.
3 over 4 isn't 75% of anything.
4 over 4 isn't 1.
12 over 8 isn't improper.
For music...forget maths.:confused:

Hi folks,
Just to let you know, I've revamped the playthatsheet notation. You have now a real "solfege" notation and just above it the fingering images (if needed). A kind of subtitles for musicians that didn't know how to read music and want to learn it or simply to blow some real songs.
All based on musicxml files.

From a quick look at the page, I'd say this is on the way to playing in the same park as

Not my thing, but impressive progress