• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Saxophones The Way Too Early 2027 Saxophone Symposium Thread

Hmmm. I'm beginning to sense a theme here. I don't drink alcohol anymore, though I used to be a professional. I do find the company of slightly (or more) high musicians quite enjoyable, even though I don't partake.

My only issue is the quality of the libations. The brands listed or hinted at above are not what I used to consider desirable. Most of them I avoided whenever possible. My grandfather used to like Schlitz, and I always made sure to have a 6 pack of Heine's or even better, Anchor Steam, when visiting him. Or just drink whisky...

You gentlemen really should up your respective games... I say that not out of snobbery or a sense of superiority, but out of genuine concern for your well-being. (BTW I agree with Mr. Squealer's rejection of the red-canned brew, though I did drink it a lot at college functions. Its only redeeming quality is the price...)
 
I think @Grumps & @Martysax are in charge of non-can goods.
Grade of beer, Sol Calif , Seattle Washington, Milwaukee Wisconsin, Latrobe, Pennsylvania. Oops, forgot the South flavors, Bush & Lone Star. Trough beer ? I think that’s made in Maryland around Montgomery County.
Anchor Steam beer I like. I usually favor a Fat Tire or Red Stripe first though.
 
FWIW I sent a email to the event coordinator asking for a vendor list.

The reply.
I hope all is well. I am the vendor manager for the Saxophone symposium. To help answer your question, "What vendors will be at the symposium?" I do not have confirmation until mid November. Typically, we have Yamaha, Selmer, Vandoren and large music stores in the DC area attend. Is there a particular one you are looking for?

I replied back with a short list.
 
You gentlemen really should up your respective games... I say that not out of snobbery or a sense of superiority, but out of genuine concern for your well-being.
Oh, this is gonna be fun. In my crystal ball I see you passed out in a hotel lobby with sharpie face paint... unless of course you're wise enough to stay in another hotel.
 
January 6-9th temperature in Fairfax averages 30°L to 45°H. Don’t need a cooler🤣. Besides my two 30 packs probably wouldn’t fit your puny 32qt cooler anyway.
Symposium weather fluctuates. Forgot if it was last year or the year before, but it rained the entire day Saturday. Once we got snow... and thankfully that was when there was a hotel on campus. Usually though, it's rather mild in Fairfax for the event. A couple have been in the 60's and 70's. Like Spring.

It's comfortable lobby. They haven't thrown us out yet!
Yeah, the festivities within that venue usually kick off upon my arrival Friday morning for whisky breakfast, but it would appear there may be a pre-party event Thursday before I get there which @Martysax will sanction accordingly. When it really gets going in the lobby is after the Concert Band performance Friday night. We hold court.
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,269
Messages
576,368
Members
8,087
Latest member
Verenice
Back
Top Bottom